Leading contract manufacturer in Suwanee, Ga has an immediate opening for a Manual Machinists. They are looking for qualified manual machinists with at least two years experience to setup and operate vertical mills, lathes, and other shop equipment to modify component parts and fabricate parts from raw material.
Shift of the Manual Machinists:
- Must be able to work MON-THU 6AM-4:30PM
- Must be able to work FRI-SUN when required (overtime hours TBD)
Pay Rate of the Manual Machinists:
Responsibilities of the Manual Machinists:
- Manufacture parts from blueprints, sketches, and verbal instructions to +/-.005”.
- Inspect work to ensure conformance with requirements
- Create fixtures to hold irregular shapes
- Communicate effectively through written, verbal, or electronic means.
- Meet production standards for quality and performance
- Comply with all departmental processes and procedures to include OSHA, ISO, EPA, and other corporate requirements as specified.
- Perform required tasks to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Requirements of the Manual Machinists:
- Strong organizational skills with an emphasis on time management.
- Ability to improvise when the most efficient tooling is not available
- Basic knowledge of hand tools and assembly techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of vertical mills, engine lathes and safe operating procedures.
- Ability to use basic measuring tools to verify drawing requirements.
- Good understanding of basic geometry and trigonometry
- Demonstrate flexibility in work practices to correspond with varying lot sizes (1-300)
- Must be able to stand for up to 2.5 hours at a time
- Must be able to lift objects up to 50lbs unassisted
- High School diploma or equivalent required, technical school desired
- 2 Years minimum relevant shop experience or 1 year with technical school
Manual Machinists apply today!