Join a renowned electronic components manufacturer as an SMT Operator! This temp-to-hire position is open to individuals in Maple Grove, MN with relevant experience in surface mount technology.
Responsibilities of the SMT Operator:
- Maintains and aligns solder paste stencils, applies solder paste to achieve an even and consistent screen print on all apertures.
- Replenishes and controls SMT components in a pick and place machine, verifies component positioning, values and polarity. Fills in process documentation to be complete and accurate.
- Able to follow process/program documentation developed by Engineering to properly process lead or lead-free solder assemblies for acceptable solder joints at each solder connection on the assembly. Review routings against prints to ensure consistency. Verify correct programs and revisions are called out on routers.
- Responsible for the monitoring of floor stock inventory such as solder paste and monitoring expiration dates and informing Supervisor or Lead when low or expired.
- Following preventative maintenance schedules on equipment will clean and perform PMs. Responsible for identifying when further maintenance is needed.
- Learn machine part parameters and programs to ensure optimization of machine time usage. Is able to produce a quality product on a timely basis per print and routings.
- Work with engineers and technicians to set up and run NPI products through any of the soldering processes performed by machines or associates.
- Periodic hand soldering under a scope is required for solder touch up and product review of solder joints. Uses basic hand tools, special fasteners, soldering iron and measuring devices. May be required to measure and record product data.
- Perform X-Ray inspection using the AXI or Glenbrook to make sure the product we produce meets customer expectations.
- Will perform hand soldering work while using a scope, some components may be necessary to tin (add solder to solderable surfaces) prior to SMT placement.
Requirements of the SMT Operator:
- High School education or equivalent.
- Related experience in set-up, operation and troubleshooting of surface mount technology and microscope soldering.
- Experience in programming of SMT equipment is highly desirable.
- Will be required to pass J-STD & IPC-610 Certification to be qualified to perform the job duties of a Surface Mount Machine Operator.
- Follows oral and written instructions, and must be fluent at reading blueprints.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.