Leading electronic component manufacturer is looking for Test Operator with prior experience. This is a temp to hire position in Maple Grove, MN.
Responsibilities of the Test Operator:
- Performs duties such as test set-up, executing test programs and trouble-shooting test failures.
- Sets up and operates test equipment and conducts standard and non-standard tests on a variety of components and units.
- Tests or assists in testing complete assemblies.
- Observe, record and interpret test results to ascertain trends.
- Work with test engineering to improve test processes. Insure product and product flow conforms to functional, production and quality standards.
- Performs preventative maintenance on standard and non-standard test equipment and apparatus.
- May be assigned as a backup to set up and operate wire wrap machines and perform hand wire wrap operations. May assist in training other employees in wire wrap operations.
- Executes to production schedules to meet customers’ requirements. Monitors standards for labor
- identified on routers. Meets all quality requirements.
- Follows all ISO 9001 and AS 9100 work instructions and general department procedures.
- May be required to train other employees and assist in orientation of new employees.
- Performs other duties as required and may be utilized in other areas and departments of manufacturing as workload may dictate.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Prior related manufacturing experience and be able to read blueprints and measuring devices a plus.
- Prior experience in test, wire wrap and soldering experience is highly desired.
- Must be able to handle all phases of set-up and schedule set-up of machines.
- Will be required to pass J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610 certification.
- Work is performed in standing and sitting positions.
- Must be able to lift and carry parts and fixtures of up to fifty pounds.
- This position will require repetitive movement when stripping wires, wiring test fixtures and performing wire wrap.
- Visual exams are required pre-hire and biennial to confirm visual acuity of 20/20 with or without glasses along with passing a standard color vision exam.