Electrical Manufacturing Engineer – Direct Hire
Are you an electrical engineer with experience in manufacturing? Do you enjoy 4-day work weeks? Are you passionate about working with electric vehicles? If so, A manufacturer of motor coaches has the perfect direct hire opportunity in Pembina County, ND for an Electrical Manufacturing Engineer. Apply today!
Responsibilities of the Electrical Manufacturing Engineer:
- Assists production with the first and subsequent builds of new systems or revisions to existing systems.
- Assists with production planning tasks ensuring plant is ready for upcoming coaches.
- Provides point of use routing and the assembly sequence for all components through the subassembly and coach assembly line.
- Prepares proposed design changes or revisions to correct the current design.
- Continually identifies, suggests and implements cost reduction projects to reduce the overall cost of the coach.
- Assists with audits that measure the bill of material and routing accuracies; identifying root cause of inaccuracies.
- Reviews tooling and fixture needs to improve the assembly process.
- Researches the latest technology and manufacturing practices or identifies improvements to current practices/ processes and introduces these into production.
- Prepares documentation for production as needed to ensure coaches are built per coach design and customer requirements (procedures, work instructions, visual aids, etc.)
- Prepares documentation for production as needed to ensure coaches are built per coach design and customer requirements (procedures, work instructions, visual aids, etc.).
- Participate in lean and Six Sigma manufacturing initiatives related to site as assigned such as 5S, value stream mapping, etc.
Requirements of the Electrical Manufacturing Engineer:
- Degree in Electrical Manufacturing Engineering.
- Electric vehicle, PLC, and Multiplex/J1939 experience would be an asset.
- 2 – 5 years experience in a manufacturing setting preferably in transportation, automotive or bus industry.
- Familiarity/experience in a Six Sigma, LEAN, JIT environment.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and documentation (e.g. blue blueprints).
- Experience with Autocad or CAD/CAM software is a plus
Electrical Manufacturing Engineers apply today!