A manufacturer of safety lighting components in Madison, IN is looking for an Electrical Engineer. This is a direct hire opportunity in a growing company!
Responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer:
- Responsible for applying the principles of electricity and electronics to develop electrical products and systems. They perform risk assessments and ensure compliance with safety standards.
- Use basic science and mathematics methodology or extensive experience to develop new design rules, develop new procedures, utilize specialized design techniques, develop new processes and evaluate deviations from procedures through the use of information from experimentation, published research, customer specifications, government requirements, due care, warranty, corporate needs, training and market input.
- An interface with suppliers to define ’s technological and component needs.
- Provides product development information and status to NPI Proprietary Core Team.
- Analyzes and verifies production process deviation requests.
- Develops data and root cause verification in support of warranty improvement issues.
- Ability to lead training for new processes and design rules.
- Flexibility and ability to work in many different areas, such as Project Management.
- Supervises generation of mock-ups and prototypes.
Qualifications of the Electrical Engineer:
- Degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering
- 2-5 years of experience