A well-known electronic component manufacturer in Maple Grove, MN is looking for a Toolmaker. This is a temp to hire and 1st shift position.
Shift of the Toolmaker:
Monday – Friday 6:00am – 2:30pm
Pay rate of the Toolmaker:
Responsibilities of the Toolmaker:
- Plan, layout and perform machining operations with manual mills, lathes, surface grinders and CNC mills.
- Perform bench work to construct, alter, and repair molds, fixtures, jigs, and assembly machines. Repairs are made by copying broken parts, from verbal instructions, and from concept drawings.
- Work from complicated drawings, sketches, handbook formulas and specifications. In the absence of design drawings, proceed from verbal instructions and/or concept drawings, organize and determine work procedures and sequences, select materials in accordance with specifications.
- Perform complex machining and grinding operations requiring complicated and unusual setups necessitating frequent improvising and adaptations of machines and tools.
- Perform critical bench operations involving polishing, fitting and aligning component parts of fixtures, molds, and machines.
- Create Solid Works models and programs for the plate fabrication department as needed.
- Assist with set up of Molds.
- Other duties assigned.
Requirements of the Toolmaker:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Broad knowledge of tool and machining technology, mechanical
- principles, advance mathematics, layout and precision measuring procedures, material characteristics,
- and treatment applications acquired through trade schools.
- A minimum of four years of similar toolmaking experience as an apprentice toolmaker or combination
- of education and experience.
- Knowledge of CNC Mill set-up and programming.
- Requires a very high degree of precision tolerances at times less than .001.
- Muscular control and delicate touch are required.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.