A provider of manufacturing and engineering solutions in Maple Grove, MN is currently looking for a Die Maker. This is a direct hire position!
Shift of the Die Maker:
Monday – Friday 6:00am – 2:30pm
Pay Rate of the Die Maker:
Responsibilities of the Die Maker:
- Work from complicated drawings, sketches, handbook formulas and specifications. In the absence of specifications or design detail, proceed from own conception and select materials, dimensional allowances for fits and tolerances, material, treatment methods, etc.
- Perform difficult machining and grinding operations requiring complicated and unusual set-ups necessitating frequent improvising and adaptations of tooling and machines to perform work beyond the normal range and capacity of available machine tools.
- Perform critical bench operations involving polishing, fitting, aligning and timing of die stations.
- Set-up new or modified and complicated dies in stamping presses for trial runs. Following all operational methods and procedures to perform press operation. Proceed on work assignments with a minimum of supervision and direction.
- Assume responsibility for the quality of workmanship, dimensional accuracy and efficient operation of assigned projects.
- Follows all ISO 9001 and AS 9100 work instructions and general department procedures.
- May be required to train other employees and assist in orientation of new employees.
- Performs other duties as required.
Requirements of the Die Maker:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Requires a broad knowledge of die maintenance, machining technology and the ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Requires mechanical principles, advance mathematics, layout and precision measuring procedures, material characteristics and treatment applications usually acquired through trade school and sufficient die maintenance experience.
- Form grinding experience required often to tolerances of .0005 or less.
- Die maintenance experience is desired.
- Experience in the set-up and operation of stamping presses and tool room machines and instruments is desired.
- Work is performed in standing and sitting positions and numerous other physical movements and heavy lifting (up to 100 lbs.) are required.