A well-known electric component manufacturing company is looking for a Mechanical Assembler to join their team in Maple Grove, MN.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Assembler:
- Assembles hardware, connectors, components, apply finishes, cleans, packages, reviews and reworks various parts in the assembly of electronic components, molded components, metal components and other similar products.
- Operates equipment and assembly machines and assembles various components through the use of pre-set up tools, fixtures and machines and performs any required preparation tasks requisite to fabrication.
- Reviews and reworks similar components and assemblies.
- Cleans and touches up finished products through the use of pre-determined solvents, etc., as well as removing excess flashing, blemishes, etc.
- Uses basic hand tools, special fasteners, measuring devices and special parts preparation equipment.
- Operates equipment and assembly machines. At times will perform work while using a scope.
- May be required to measure and record product data.
- Will be responsible for the quality of work and meeting daily quantity standards coming from each assigned workstation.
- Follows all ISO 9001 and AS 9100 work instructions and general department procedures.
- Keep facilities, materials, and work area clean and organized, exercising care in their use. Uses safety practices and takes prompt action to correct problems.
- Assists co-workers when necessary to meet work unit goals.
- Actively seeks continuous process improvement.
- May be required to train other employees and assist in orientation of new employees.
- Performs other duties as required and may be utilized in other areas and departments of manufacturing as workload may dictate.
Requirements of the Mechanical Assembler:
- High School education or equivalent.
- Experience reading blueprints and working with scopes in a manufacturing setting a plus.
- Must have good manual dexterity and keen visual acuity. Follows written and oral instructions.
- Employees working on backpanel assemblies will be required to pass IPC-A-610 Certification.
- This person needs to be able to work well with others and is a team player, results orientated and has good communication skills.
- This job will involve repetitive motion.
- Job duties require working with and around chemicals.
- Work is performed primarily in a sitting position but may require standing, reaching, twisting and stooping positions.
- Visual exams are required pre-hire and bi-annual to confirm visual acuity of 20/20 with or without glasses along with passing a standard color vision exam.