Inspector – 3rd Shift
Leading component electronic manufacturing company in Maple Grove, MN is looking to hire an Inspector on 3rd shift. This is a temp to hire opportunity!!
Shift of the Inspector:
Sunday evening – Friday morning 10:00PM – 6:30AM
Pay Rate of the Inspector:
$23-24 + 15% Shift Differential
Responsibilities of the Inspector:
- Inspects parts and components or production assemblies by electrical, visual and/or mechanical examination using naked eye, microscope, electrical test and/or mechanical measuring devices for conformance to specifications. Complete required inspection records.
- May assist Quality Engineers with completion of First Article Inspections and paperwork, returned goods disposition, and issuance of Corrective Action Requests.
- Performs all inspection functions proficiently using microscopes and mechanical devices such as; drop indicators, vernier calipers, micrometers, toolmakers microscopes, comparators, surface plates, height indicators, etc. Also performs electrical tests from inspection procedures, work instructions and/or blueprint requirements. Records inspection data on inspection document; generates inspection documents in accordance with departmental procedures; makes recommendations for corrective action. Demonstrates the ability to proficiently read internally generated and externally supplied blueprints.
- Works under general supervision, including direction from Quality Engineers as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as required and may be utilized in other areas and departments of manufacturing as workload may dictate.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Electronics and mechanical vocational training desirable.
- Experience in a quality or technical related position is a plus.
- Demonstrates the ability to make inspection decisions through the use of blueprints, inspection procedures and process sheets.
- Knowledge should include working knowledge of measurement tools and inspection equipment required to test electrical components.
- Proficiency in geometric tolerancing and statistical process control experience is a plus.
- Will be required to pass J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610 certification to be qualified to perform the job duties of Inspector.
- May require certification to IPC-A-620.