Senior Purchasing and Materials Manager – Direct Hire
A well-known electronic component manufacturing company is in the look for a Senior Purchasing and Materials Manager in Taunton, MA. This is a direct hire and full time opportunity!
Responsibilities of the Senior Purchasing and Materials Manager:
- Oversees the activities of the purchasing department in procuring materials, equipment and services.
- Ensures contracts with suppliers and vendors are consistent with corporate objectives such as quality, on time delivery, cost reduction, and inventory turns.
- Participates in major contract negotiations with top suppliers to secure consistent supplies and competitive prices.
- Responsible for supply chain management activities and objectives.
- Reviews large purchases and develops policies and procedures for the purchasing and materials planning areas.
- Responsible for hands on material planning as required.
- Plans and prepares schedules for manufacture of components to establish sequence and lead time of each operation and meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders through utilization of MRPII.
- Oversees the “capacity planning” implementation and maintenance for component manufacturing.
- Expedites operations and suppliers that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Works closely with Sales, Manufacturing, and Engineering to balance customer responsiveness with capacity and material constraints.
- Manages Inventory Control function to ensure the highest levels of accuracy while maximizing inventory turns, and may supervise stockroom activities and personnel.
Requirements of the Senior Purchasing and Materials Manager:
- Completion of a Bachelors degree from a four year college or university,
- Five to seven years of related experience and/or training; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, vendors, and employees.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to direct major functions where available principles, logic, and applicable criteria are complex and involved requiring critical analysis, evaluation, appraisal, and synthesis.