A leading company in the technology industry in Alpharetta, Ga has an immediate opening for a Soldering and Assembly Technician as a temp to hire position.
1st shift: 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM, Monday -Fridays
Pay rate: $20.00/hr
Responsibilities of the Soldering and Assembly Technician:
- To perform routine and repetitive assembly of electronic parts and assemblies in accordance with engineering drawings and specifications.
- Sets up and fabricates electronic assemblies utilizing various forms of written and oral instructions, automatic and semi-automatic machines and hand tools. Specific duties vary by workload and cover a range of assembly techniques for electro-optical, night vision and thermal products.
- Performs administrative tasks associated with assembly operations which include Work Order documentation, Repair Order documentation, and other documentation as required.
- Resolves simple manufacturing/assembly problems.
- Maintains good housekeeping, safety standards, and calibration requirements.
- Working level knowledge of military and commercial quality specifications.
- Good Practices for manufacturing policies and procedures.
- Excellent soldering skills for electronic items, switches, flex lines and electronic items to PC boards.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, procedures and basic engineering drawings/specifications.
- Ability to use measuring instruments and electronic fabrication tooling/equipment.
- Ability to use common hand tools and interpret a 6” scale.
- Ability to concentrate while discriminating colors and small details.
- Ability to apply basic math skills.
- Hand and eye coordination.
- Finger and hand dexterity.
- Electrostatic discharge procedures and methods.
- Typically requires 6-12 months experience
- High school diploma, or equivalent education or experience to demonstrate the ability to successfully perform the job duties.