Immediate need for an iSeries Administrator / Engineer in the Berkley Heights, NJ area. Hybrid 12+ month contract with a highly recognized Financial Services Company.
Responsibilities of the iSeries Administrator Engineer:
- IBM iSeries design, creation, execution of custom CL scripts for automation.
- Administration of environment components including security controls, TCP/IP, BRMS, job control, performance and capacity planning, system updates, and license management.
- Maintain system High Availability/Disaster Recovery readiness including IBM PowerHA, IBM Flash Copy and Global Mirror.
- Experience with managing external storage appliances.
- VIOS management and configuration.
- Perform platform-specific technical tasks including operating system upgrades, installation and configuration of various software packages, installation of patches and fixes (PTFs).
- Perform problem analysis, documentation, root-cause analysis, and create incident reports for complex system environments.
- Maintain documentation of system and application monitoring, scheduling packages, and tape management systems.
- Operation of tape management solutions, including physical and virtual tape libraries (ProtecTIER).
Requirements of the iSeries Administrator Engineer:
- 7+ yeards of software development experience in Cobol developed on the iSeries platform.
- Must have experience in the design and architecture of front-end applications.
- Must have knowledge of iSeries API's, Data queues, User queues, multithreading, Journaling and IBM iSeries file systems such as Library based system etc.
- Experience with SQL and MQ Series is a plus.
- Must have experience in the development of applications with current SOA or API architecture techniques.
- Experience in designing multi-tier business logic-based systems.
- Experience working with embedded SQL.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
iSeries Administrator Engineers apply today!