Global manufacturer of security and inspection systems is currently seeking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team in Andover, MA. This is a direct hire and full-time position for someone with PCBA, strong testing and Labview/TestStand experience.
Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Engineer:
- Designing, calibrating, and maintaining new and existing test equipment for testing PCBAs and other electrical components for use in Production.
- Designing automated PCBA functional test systems
- Troubleshooting both analog and digital circuits for fault isolation and root cause analysis.
- Working with Production personnel on the manufacturing floor and our 3rd party PCBA suppliers.
- Participating as a member of the Failure Reporting Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS), reviewing and dispositioning discrepant materials including PCBA’s and electrical-related components.
- Improving product quality using inputs from Production, Engineering, Service, Quality, and Product Management.
- Providing design analysis, component selection, qualification test plans and implementation strategies for obsolete components and subsystems in released products.
- Writing Engineering Requests (ER) and Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) and process through the Configuration Management system.
Requirements of the Manufacturing Engineer:
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering, or similar discipline.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Architectural Design and implementation experience in developing automated test equipment for instrumentation use in a Production environment.
- Proficiency with LabVIEW and TestStand software and Database development software tools.
- Familiar with a Gerber file viewer for PCBAs.
- Familiar with Agile or other configuration management software.
- Proficient with business software such as Microsoft 365 (Teams, Excel, Word).
- Proficient with electronics troubleshooting tools, equipment, and methodology.
- Understanding of PCBA manufacturing principles, procedures and principles.
- Working knowledge of quality related tools including SPC and DOE.
Manufacturing Engineers apply today!