Leading automation company is looking for a Robot Engineer / Programmer to join their team based in Farmington Hills, MI. This is a temp to hire opportunity!
Responsibilities of the Robot Engineer:
- Strong and recent background in two of the following robots: Fanuc, ABB, or Kuka.
- Able to do Advanced Programming in the two robots they have the most knowledge. Will consider candidates with strong programming with only one system as well.
- Experience with setup and training on Vision Systems on which ever robot they have the most knowledge is ideal.
- Experience setting up various robot communication protocols (i.e. DeviceNet, Profibus, ProfiNet, Ethernet IP).
- Create Robotic Simulations of Robotic Stations (if Simulation Engineer).
- Write Robot Software.
- Load Robot Programs and configure I/O.
- Path Teaching.
- Vision Teaching (if required).
- Debug Support with Team.
- Installation Start-Up support.
- Production Support.
Requirements of the Robot Engineer:
- 2+ years of working with robotics.
- Associates or Bachelor of Science in related field (BSEE, BSEET, BS Industrial Automation, Computer Science, Mathematics, Mechatronics, etc.). Equivalent years of experience can be substituted for a degree.
- Able to read Electrical and Pneumatic Prints.
- Strong Electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Very proficient with Robotic Path Teaching.
- Complete understanding of Cartesian coordinate system as it relates to a robot's EOAT & Frames/Work Objects, and the ability to teach such frames.
- Experience with Vision Systems is helpful.
- Ability to do basic/intermediate programming in other programming languages (i.e. Visual Basic, C or C++ language).
- Troubleshooting experience with PLC programs is helpful.
- Willing to travel (sometimes this can be up to 75%).
Robot Engineers apply today!