Responsibilities of the Senior Structural Designer:
- Make decision with minimum oversight.
- Design/Check hull structure, foundations, inclined and vertical ladders, doors, windows, hatches, and handrails.
- Check production Packages by traditional Red-Line & Back-fix methods.
- Ensure Production Packages match functional Design.
- Ensure all details are based on Good Shipbuilding Practices.
- Ensure all required BOMs & Reports are included and accurate.
- Material Take Offs (MTOs).
- Ensure that all information suits shipyard and fabrication methods and tools.
- Mentor less experienced engineering personnel.
Requirements of the Senior Structural Designer:
- 10 Years’ Experience in Shipbuilding (Detailed Design)
- Associates Degree in related field or additional 5 years of experience.
- 2 Years of Navisworks experience.
- Knowledge of ABS and USCG Rules and Regulations.
- 5 Years of AutoCad Experience
- 3D AutoCAD and/or ShipConstructor experience will be a plus.
- Must be proficient at MS Office Applications, especially Excel, Outlook and Word.
Senior Structural Designers apply today!