A manufacturer of safety lighting components in Madison, IN is in the search of an experienced Project Manager to join their team on a temporary basis.
Shift of the Project Manager:
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Responsibilities of the Project Manager:
- Leads cross-functional Product Development Project Teams to develop, maintain and improve product design. Takes ownership of the assigned project.
- Creates/updates timelines for completion of new/revised product and communicates status as appropriate.
- Works with Sales & Marketing personnel and the other members of the cross functional project team to define realistic and achievable product requirements.
- Follows all elements of New Product Introduction standard work.
- Utilizes the escalation process, when necessary, in order to draw attention to, and develop mitigation plans for, risks to cost, quality or schedule.
- Works with internal and external customers to facilitate discussion/resolution of any project related issues.
- Works with internal resources to generate bill of materials and cost associated with the product and summarizes and communicates the information to internal stake holders.
- Utilizes structured problem-solving methods to analyze and solve problems related to product failures throughout the life of the product.
- Leads cross-functional Product Development Project Teams through the design review process to ensure the design meets the internal and external customer expectations.
- Communicates Project status with customers and management, as needed, during the Product Development cycle.
Qualifications of the Project Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (BSEE, BSME, BSMET, BSEET or higher).
- 3-7 years' related experience
- Automotive Industry experience preferred
- Ford experience is a hug plus
- Familiar with automotive industry standards such as FMEA, APQP, DVP&R, Control Plans, PPAP etc.