A well-known capital equipment manufacturer is looking for an Automation Engineer. This is a direct hire position in Alpharetta, GA.
Responsibilities of the Automation Engineer:
- Defining solutions for upgrades and improvements in customer plants
- Working with customer team to define their challenge areas, develop solutions, and deliver project results that exceed expectations
- Developing recommendations for ideas related to productivity improvement, quality enhancements, cost reduction, and improvement in customer satisfaction
- Designs complex systems that integrate hardware and software.
- Develops material specification, schematic preparation, and the appropriate follow-up
- Generates recommendations for productivity improvement and cost reduction
- Guides technical knowledge interchange for both processes and applications to system design
- Degree in an Engineering related field (Electrical or Mechatronics preferred)
- 0-3 years experience working in a heavy industrial environment (metals manufacturing preferred)
- Experience with Siemens and Allen Bradley PLC's