Leading engineering company is looking to hire a Production Test Technician to join their team in Billerica, MA. This is a temp to hire position.
Responsibilities of the Production Test Technician
- Performs the set-up, calibration, testing and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies
- Able to work with electrical, electro-mechanical & mechanical test fixtures. May use experience and learning to assist in future design
- Executes to test specifications, methods and procedures from prints, drawings and diagrams. May use experience and learning to assist in future development
- Tests and troubleshoots components, assemblies and/or final systems. May complete rework on assemblies and/or systems as a result of testing
- Prepares technical reports summarizing findings and recommending solutions to technical problems. Some mathematical manipulation of data into results and ability to provide analysis and/or recommendations is required
- Will access and use software tools to closely follow work instructions, investigate Bills of Material, review specifications, review ECO’s etc. to execute job successfully
- May assist in the selection and set-up of specialized test equipment.
- Use knowledge and experience to work with New Product Introduction on the best way to deploy testing technology and practices for future products
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
Qualifications of the Production Test Technician
- AS or other 2-year technical degree in related discipline and 5+ years’ experience or a combination of relatable military training and experience; 5 additional years related experience will be considered in-lieu of degree
- Must show strong proficiency in the use of Power Meters, Oscilloscopes & Digital Multi-meters.
- Must be able to install and configure computer hardware, software and networking
- Must use and understand the application of common hand tools, various industry nomenclatures, and have strong assembly skills.
- Must be a self-starter who looks for ways to improve the job and related processes and shows initiative in execution.
- Working knowledge of Excel, ERP and work instruction type software is needed
- Knowledge of AS9100 standard is a plus.
Production Test Technicians apply today!