Senior Accountant – Temp to Hire
Global provider of instruments, subsystems and process control solutions is looking to hire a Senior Accountant. This is a temp to hire opportunity located in Andover, MA.
Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant:
- Record cash transactions to shared services and corporate including transactional AP, AR, intercompany netting, and intercompany hedge accounting.
- Prepare journal entries for expense accruals including but not limited to freight, electric, gas, & facilities
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Sox Controls including balance sheet reconciliations for the US legal entity and support for revenue testing selections.
- Complete various quarterly reporting packages & balance sheet flux analysis
- Serve as a key member of the team working to streamline and shorten the assigned US Divisions monthly close and reporting cycle.
- Work closely with the Business, Corporate Accounting, Treasury, Tax, and Financial Planning and Analysis functions to ensure the quality, accuracy and consistency of the financial data reported in the general ledger for assigned entities.
- Ensure that all reports comply with applicable FASB and SEC regulations, professional standards, and organization policies. Prepare and assist with applicable government reports.
- Assist in the quarterly and annual audit of the US in-scope entities with the internal and external auditors.
- Research and resolve various accounting and reporting issues and questions that arise at the regional, corporate and group levels.
- Perform other duties as required.
Requirements of the Senior Accountant:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required. CPA or master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in accounting and 3 years with Senior level experience preferred.
- Advanced current knowledge of US GAAP accounting and auditing standards, regulatory requirements, and company accounting policies and practices.
- Proven track record of implementing process improvements.
- Demonstrated behaviors of eagerness to win, ownership and teaming up to excel for the team.
- Ability to exhibit poise, composure and confidence when confronting stressful or high-pressure situations.
- Experience with Oracle and/or SAP.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications
Senior Accountants apply today!