Our client in Auburn, MA, has an immediate opening for a Financial Services Manager, who will report to the VP of Finance & Administration. This position will either be a temp to hire opportunity or a direct hire opportunity! Salary will be dependent on experience. Drug Test and Criminal Background Check Required.
Responsibilities of the Financial Services Manager:
- Supervise the daily accounting activities and prepare established financial and regulatory reports for a consolidated group of companies, including Accounts Payable, Billing and Payroll functions
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with financial policies and internal controls, maintenance of financial records and preparation of financial reports
- Prepare established financial and operational reports.
- Prepare various tax and regulatory filings as assigned and perform the related work as required.
- Provide administrative and technical assistance to users of the department’s services.
- Perform a variety of project specific tasks in support of departmental and corporate objectives.
- Participate in planning the objectives, methods and resources of short and long range operations of the department.
- Monitor the financial operations of the department or assigned area to insure compliance with budgets.
- Direct in-service training and development of staff.
- Perform additional duties as directed by the VP of Accounting and Administration.
- Supervise Accounts Payable, Billing, and Payroll Staff
Requirements of the Financial Services Manager:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance required, with an advanced degree or CPA preferred
- Four plus years’ experience in public or private accounting with all aspects of financial accounting required.
- Proficiency in computerized accounting systems and office productivity applications required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel and other Microsoft applications is desirable.
- Specific experience in Job Cost and/or Fixed asset accounting highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of relevant Federal and State Asset accounting highly desirable. Working knowledge of relevant Federal and State requirements is essential.
- Vital; superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Superior organization skills, ability to make independent decisions and multi-task.
To apply for the Financial Services Manager position, Click Here.