Our Client in Hopkinton, MA is looking to hire a Manufacturing Technician!
The manufacturing technician supports manufacturing and field service activities such as design, test, checkout, modification, fabrication, assembly and repair of prototype electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry or specialized test equipment. As well as works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Normally receives general instructions on a routine work, and detailed instructions on new assignments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to work from schematics, diagrams, written, and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions.
- Must be able to perform operational testing and fault isolation on systems and equipment.
- Must assist in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions.
- Must be able to use manufacturing test, development or diagnostic equipment including but not limited to such equipment as oscilloscopes, signal generators and specialized test apparatus.
- Must have knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Must have knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Must be able to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Must have knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Must be able to identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- AA degree or equivalent technician experience, computer literacy and hand tool and/or machine tool experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Must use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Must understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Must be able to conduct tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Must be able to independently troubleshoot to determine causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for up to 8 hours per day.