Our client is looking to hire a CMM Programmer for their Twin Cities, MN area location. This is a direct hire position with a growing and expanding company in the injected molding industry. This is a newly created position with a team of high energy individuals helping the company grow. This client is a Top Places to Work in Minnesota winner with a modern, well-lit, safe facility.
CMM Programmer Functions
Program computer controlled coordinate measure machines (CMM). May interface with Engineers and Project Managers on new and existing projects. Inspect and gauge molded plastic parts for Initial Sample Inspection Reports. Correlate customer and Thermotech Initial Sample Inspection Reports.
CMM Programmer Responsibilities
- Program computer controlled coordinate measure machines (CMM) (touch, probe and vision).
- Review prints and requirements to determine appropriate inspection methods.
- Perform daily/monthly maintenance on inspection equipment.
- Work with Quality Assurance Engineers, Project Managers and design personnel on new and existing projects, as assigned.
- Set-up and continuously monitor statistical analysis of Metrology Lab systems.
- Work with Quality Inspectors to train on efficient programming and set-up techniques.
- Review prints for GD&T accuracy and work with Quality Assurance Engineers, Project Managers and customers to accurately interpret prints.
- Provide complete inspection layouts for new and revised tooling using basic and advanced inspection and math skills. Recommend gauging and set up for manufacturing use.
- Correlate customer and Thermotech Initial Sample Inspection Reports.
- Assist supervisor in resolving report discrepancies with customer as assigned.
- Provide manufacturing engineering with precise inspection data during initial sampling as needed.
- Provide manufacturing engineering, tool room, inspection, and production supervisors, with statistical process control data, tool and process capability analysis as assigned.
- Provide technical assistance as to inspection techniques in complaint investigations as assigned.
- Assist in designing inspection methods and gauging.
- Package and label “Initial Sample” samples for distribution to the production floor when tooling is approved.
- Perform inspection or final and receiving inspection as assigned.
- Assist in training operator/supervisor in use and ease of gauges, as assigned.
- Prepare long and short-term capability studies (calculate and interpret) as required.
Interested in this great opportunity? Apply Today!