Attitudes are contagious. Now ask yourself, is yours worth catching? This past weekend I had an eye-opening experience that reinforced the importance of keeping a positive attitude in tough or challenging situations. So, what attitudes are you displaying at work? Is it one that reinforces positivity and optimism? Read below to learn 6 ways to keep positivity apart of your team.
- Positive Self-Talk: Self-talk can have a direct impact on your confidence and how you feel. If your self-talk is consistently negative, then most likely your attitude will suffer. If you simply keep your self-talk positive your attitude will increase for the better. So choose your words carefully.
- Create a Vision: Developing a vision helps aid and create a positive future for yourself and/or team. From your vision you can set attainable goals to make your vision reality, and reaching each goal will reinforce you with positive energy.
- Smile: Have fun, and laugh with your team. Cheer others on and work together at tough times. Celebrating the little wins goes a long way to keeping yourself and others happy.
- Wellness: Emphasizing employee wellness in the workplace can make a significant impact on happiness, healthiness and encourage positivity.
- Say “Thank you”: Appreciate the hard work of others. Employee recognition is vital! A simple thank you can go a long way.
- Build Trust and Show Respect: Get to know your teammates on a personal level and let them get to know you. Encouraging open communication through trust and respect will lead to a more positive work environment.
Any industry has its ups and downs that can be out of our control. What we can control is our attitude. Positive attitude and thinking promotes positive culture, high productivity and happier employees. Attitude, whether positive or negative can have a domino effect – I choose positivity. What about you?