Immediate openings for 4 talented Senior Mechanical Designers to join a talented team on a contract basis. These roles will have an initial duration of 9-12 months and will require strong SolidWorks design and drafting skills utilizing the ASME Y14.5 standards. These are advanced level positions in which work assignments require the regular application of generally acknowledged expertise in mechanical design and the use of considerable initiative and creativity.
Capabilities of the Senior Mechanical Designers:
- Skilled in the use of solid modeling CAD tools specifically advanced knowledge of SolidWorks is a must.
- Understanding of design dimensioning and tolerancing methods and conventions (e.g. true-position dimensioning, geometric tolerancing, etc.), assembly constraints, and kinematics.
- Hands on advanced application of ASME Y14.5 is a must.
- Knowledge of various materials: ferrous and non-ferrous alloys, thermoplastics, epoxies.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing methods: EDM, rapid prototyping (SLA, SLS, DMLS, etc), casting and injection molding, laser cutting, brazing, etc.
- Ability to generate required documentation (TDP, BOM, ECO, etc.), including design reports, assembly procedures, test procedures, etc.
- Ensure timely release of accurate documentation.
- Cost (hours) estimations in support of the project.
Qualifications of the Senior Mechanical Designers:
Associate Degree in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent scientific discipline and at least 8 years of applicable progressively complex mechanical engineering experience.
Hands-on opto-mechanical design skills and broad capabilities in the area of mechanical design with specific theoretical and experienced-based knowledge of opto-mechanical design for Electro Optics assemblies is preferred.
Interested? Apply today!