It’s a new year! Congratulations everyone, we’ve made it to 2017. The “thing to do” this time of year is to come up with a New Year’s Resolution or a few of them. I thought I would come up with one this year for work. Meetings seem to be a topic that most people have an opinion on one way or another. Some people love them, and some absolutely despise them; so I figured I’d do my best to make a positive impact on meetings in 2017. So here they are, my New Year’s Resolutions for meetings at work:
- Show up 5 minutes early
- If I’m running the meeting I’ll send out an agenda, and stick to the agenda.
- Leave my cell phone at my desk or in my pocket
- Actively participate in every meeting
- Not to repeat or “parrot” what other people say
- Bring a an extra pen
- Make eye contact with people speaking
- Eat my food before or after the meeting
- Make sure a recap is sent out after the meeting
I think these should be easier to accomplish in 2017 than the 20 pounds I should probably lose…
What are your New Years Resolutions? Any other tips for having more productive meetings? Tweet us @TheDavisCos.