Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Summary: The Sr. Business Systems Analyst performs business analysis, systems analysis, project management, and application support. Requires deep business and technical knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP), warehouse management systems (WMS), and electronic data interchange (EDI) in a manufacturing and distribution environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage the overall EDI program, develop strategy, design trading partner relationships, coordinate the development of business logic, write technical specifications for developers, manage testing and implementation, and develop processes for monitoring and resolving transactional issues.
- Provide front line support of ERP and WMS applications for Radians users.
- Drive continuous improvement by analyzing business processes, interviewing users, interrogating systems and datasets, generating process improvement ideas, and gaining organizational alignment and support for change.
- Document findings and recommendations, select software and integration partners, and prepare budgets and timelines.
- Manage project resources, budgets and timelines.
- Direct and conduct systems testing and implementations.
- Configure systems and integrations to optimize business value.
- Prepare users by designing and conducting training programs; providing reference materials and excellent support.
- Manage application development.
- Design and support systems integration points.
- Own, troubleshoot and resolve incidents including escalating and managing problems with vendors.
- Provide on-call after-hours production systems support as needed.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of budgets and expenses, support tickets, asset and license inventories, user account records, system changes, and other data as required.
- Learn new systems quickly.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities including pursuing certifications; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Reliable and regular attendance is expected.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Coaching and mentoring junior level staff with potential for supervisory role.
Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
REQUIRED: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field and ten plus years of experience supporting ERP, WMS and EDI processes in a manufacturing/ distribution environment, performing business and systems analysis, and systems implementation project management. Four years’ experience working with database query tools. Expert skill with Excel.
DESIRED: Epicor Prophet21 or Infor M3 ERP, Pathguide Latitude WMS, Microsoft SQL Tools, Power BI, Power Apps, Flow, Access, and SharePoint. Master’s degree, PMP or other certifications are a plus.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business reading and/or training materials as well as federal/state regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures as needed. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and/or the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; ability to interpret an instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Must have advanced skill with MS Office and strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management habits
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects at a time
- Ability to work in a team environment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Please contact us at 901-209-5950