The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for all areas of warehouse operations including implementation of processes, personnel management, inventory management, security, safety, housekeeping, and administrative processes that pertain to all warehouse activities, and all other functions designed to meet performance standards.
- Supervise warehouse personnel and coordinate daily work assignments. Identify and coordinate training activities, promotions, wage increases and termination. Recommend overtime as needed to meet customer demands.
- Supervise and perform activities of employees engaged in loading/unloading, selecting, packing, shipping, receiving and transporting of merchandise.
- Supervise incoming and outgoing shipment activity; ensure efficient, accurate ant timely customer service to ensure service goals are attained.
- Perform any and all physical requirements necessary to lift and move inventory around the warehouse.
- Operate and maneuver warehouse equipment and any material(s) contained in the manner consistent with the intended purpose of the equipment and the manufacturers’ instructions.
- Maintain security of merchandise and equipment and ensure safe working conditions.
- Ensure that all warehouse procedures are followed and coordinate warehouse huddles and/or regular meetings with the warehouse employees.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years warehouse management experience
- Forklift license
- Ability to supervise staff and achieve results through others.
- Ability to make routine decisions on a daily basis.
- Ability to operate and maneuver warehouse equipment, including, but not limited to, pallet jacks, forklifts and pushcarts, in the manner necessary to move materials within the warehouse.
- Knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Computer skills including proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite and email systems.