Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
The DAVIS Companies has partnered with a global leader in the medical device industry by securing a Buyer to join their team.
- Issue purchase orders as required to procure production-related material and/or services (as well as items required for maintenance, repair, and facility operations)
- Monitor, analyze, and administer daily decisions in support of the MRP actions to ensure that materials are available for the manufacturing operations to meet customer deliveries within stated lead times; including active management of outsourcing activities.
- Negotiate and coordinate the procurement of materials and services necessary to support the manufacturing schedule to acquire goods and services while maintaining good supplier relations.
- Manage purchased inventories, lot sizing & minimum buy quantities to attain the most advantageous cost position for the company (including consideration for company owned inventory costs).
- Actively participate with audits and supplier development activities.
- Limit back order of all assigned materials and/or services while communicating back order information to internal departments.
- Maintain measurement systems for suppliers and routinely evaluate supplier performance.
- Assure that all terms and conditions are met as established by Purchase Order requirements, Supply Agreements and technical requirements and conflicts are identified.
- Demonstrate continual growth towards competent performance of duties described as “Senior Buyer Responsibilities”.
- Working closely with the SDE, take the lead in providing oversight and direction to ensure that the commercial aspects of our supplier relationships are properly established.
- Supply Agreements (work closely with the Accounting Manager)
- Price & cost drivers
- Supplier relationship management
- Inventory terms
- Overall supplier performance
- Develop and maintain strategic supplier partnerships that will provide the company with competitive advantages in lowest total cost, highest quality, and superior customer service.
- Assess suppliers & potential suppliers for their position as a competitor to the company, implementing and following appropriate guidelines & safeguards to appropriately protect the companies confidential information.
- Award new business to suppliers based on the collaborative efforts of the SDE/Estimating/Engineering groups – considering ASL, pricing, timing, technical capabilities, terms & conditions, competitor status, etc.
- Negotiate Supply Agreements, Terms & Conditions, Pricing, etc. to acquire goods and services per the most advantageous terms for the company
- Drive continuous improvement with suppliers in alignment with company goals, including year-over-year cost reductions in overall supplier related costs.
- Take the lead in conducting spending analysis to continuously improve purchased supply for best-value performance in support of the strategic objectives of the business.
- Routinely evaluate suppliers and monitor supplier performance; update supplier status as appropriate. (Scorecards, Business reviews, Supplier Status - Preferred, Satisfactory, Needs Improvement).
- Create & utilize tools such as metrics, scorecards and comparative analysis to identify cost savings opportunities and to monitor/manage overall supplier performance.
- Develop multiple “Preferred” suppliers for each key material/service required to meet our production & business risk needs.
- Work closely with BCM’s, CSS, Planners to properly manage purchased materials and services regarding cost and inventory management considerations such as minimum buys, replenishment programs, raw material inventory coverage, and lead times, to achieve overall customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and 1-3 years of buying experience within a manufacturing setting; or, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Other Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills are essential including strong negotiating skills using a structured approach
- Able to effectively use IQMS for purchasing and inventory functions
- APICS, CPM or other purchasing credentials desired
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance philosophies, practices, and techniques
- Tooling Engineer in Newnan GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Burnsville MN
- Wiring Technician in Hoschton GA
- Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- Technical Recruiter in Marlborough MA
- Maintenance Tech in Lawrenceville GA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Duluth GA
- Material Handler in Franklin MA
- Wire Harness Assembler in Brooklyn Park MN
- Welder in Allston MA
- Manufacturing Technician in Bedford MA
- Production Control Associate in Cumming GA
- Quality Engineer in Duluth GA
- Assembly Technician in Worcester MA
- Structural Engineer in Ball Ground GA
- Assembler in Milford MA
- Sr. Buyer - Planner in Chelmsford MA
- Supply Chain Manager in Chelmsford MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Laconia NH
- Manufacturing Engineer in Tucker GA
- Senior Document Control Specialist in Cambridge MA
- Welder in Doraville GA
- Lead Mechanical Engineer in Fort Worth TX
- Sr Test Engineer in Bedford MA
- Controller in Merrimack NH
- Sr. Design Engineer in Chaska MN
- Operator- Assembly Tech in Central Manchester CT
- Warehouse Shipping & Receiving Lead in Olive Branch MS
- Mechanical Assembler - 1st Shift in Ashland MA
- Buyer in Hudson MA
- Electronic Assembler - Soldering in Burnsville MN
- Manufacturing Engineer-Contract in Charlton MA
- Technical Recruiter-Program Manager - MN in Minneapolis MN
- Quality Management Systems Coordinator in Hudson NH
- Software Engineer in Cambridge MA
- Chief Mechanical Engineer in Cambridge MA
- Engineering Tech in Merrimack NH
- Warehouse - Forklift Driver in Suwanee GA
- Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Electronics Assembler - Soldering in New Hope MN
- Senior Mechanical Engineer in Westborough MA
- Machine Learning Co-op in Milford MA
- Electronics Process Development Engineer in Framingham MA
- HR Generalist in Ashland MA
- Manufacturing Engineer-Product Development in Charlton MA
- Maintenance Technician in Pendergrass GA
- Senior Mechanical Engineer in Burlington MA
- Director of Hardware Engineering in Burlington MA
- Welder in Gainesville GA
- Machinist in Gainesville GA
- Assembly Technician in Gainesville GA
- Warehouse - Picker 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Assembler (1st & 2nd shift) in Ashland MA
- Account Manager in Memphis TN
- Superintendent (NH) in Bow NH
- Lab Technician in Watertown MA
- Account Manager in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Mechanic in Lynn MA
- Administrative Assistant in Ayer MA
- Senior Software Engineer in North Billerica MA
- Shipping & Receiving Clerk in Norwood MA
- Account Payable Specialist in Auburn MA
- BIM Designer in Norcross GA
- Piping Designer in Avondale Estates GA
- CNC Machinist in Vineland NJ
- Material Handler in Vineland NJ
- Quality Assurance Technician in Maple Grove MN
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Sr. Product Development Engineer in Newnan GA
- Design Engineer in Newnan GA
- Data Entry Clerk (TN) in Memphis TN
- RF Test Technician in Vineland NJ
- Electronic Rework Operator in Vineland NJ
- Electromechanical Assembler in Vineland NJ
- Credit Analyst in Norwell MA
- Robotics Assembly Technician in Plymouth MN
- Electrical Engineer in White Bear Lake MN
- Quality Engineer in Framingham MA
- Talent Acquisition Program Manager in Milford MA
- Warehouse - 3rd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Marketing Coordinator in Boxboro MA
- Sr. Production Technician in Merrimack NH
- Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Sourcing Manager in Cambridge MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Pawtucket RI
- Assembler in Acton MA
- Software Engineering Manager in Danvers MA
- Wiring Technician in Buford GA
- RMA Tech in Nashua NH
- Final Inspector in Central Manchester CT
- Senior Accountant in Cambridge MA
- Electro-Mechanical Tech in Beverly MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Laconia NH
- Industrial Designer in Round Rock TX
- Account Manager in Marlborough MA
- Inventory Control in Alpharetta GA
- Machine Operator in Alpharetta GA
- SMT Operator in Burnsville MN