Our Client in the Gainesville GA area is looking for skilled Welders. This position is responsible for various types of weld preparation, welding and weld finishing operations to manufacture product to customer drawings, blueprints, specifications, or other forms of instruction for our 2nd Shift.
This position is for 2nd or 3rd shift and ranges from $18-$26 an hour based on experience.
- Proficient in MIG, TIG, arc and heliarc welding techniques
- Interpretation of mechanical drawings, including weld requirement symbology
- Knowledge of wire and filler materials applications for various steel alloys, aluminum, and some exotic materials
- Working knowledge of fixturing and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, etc.)
- Conventional and precision measuring instruments
- Process inspection, certification, and documentation
- Welding equipment maintenance
- Finish grinding applications using manual and power tools
- General safety and housekeeping duties
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to Supervisor.
- Complete tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules with minimal supervision.
- Ability to become forklift certified
- Participate in Department training and meetings as appropriate
- Cross training of other positions as needed for coverage
- Pull parts weekly from pick sheet for next week’s production
- Assist with inventory as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- or equivalent combination of education and 2 to 3 years of welding experience.
- Must be able to pass a welding test.
- Working experience with food processing equipment is a plus, but not required.