Utility Operator I (respool) 1st Shift
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Utility Operator I (respool) 1st Shift
Title:Utility Operator I (respool) 1st Shift
Job Title: Utility Operator
Reports To: Wire Respool Supervisor
Company Brief & Vision:
Company is part of the Spectris group of companies, is a leading international, integrated, single-source supplier of highly engineered products and customized solutions in the process measurement and control industry, with a very strong brand, high levels of repeat business with an unmatched reputation for meeting customer needs. The company is a global leader in digital marketing of technical products and customized solutions offering over 100,000 state-of-the-art products for process measurement and control of temperature, humidity, pressure, strain, force, flow, level, pH and conductivity. Company also offers a complete line of data acquisition, automation, electric heating and custom engineered products for use in manufacturing, test and research environments. The company’s corporate headquarters is based in Norwalk, Connecticut with manufacturing locations and sales offices throughout the world.
How we do business, our code of business ethics:
We have always placed a high priority on the standards by which we do business, because we believe that how we work is as important as what we do. We have improved our governance processes and enhanced our Code of Business Ethics, in order to achieve our commitment to manage our business according to the highest ethical standards.
Absolute integrity: Always acting with honesty and transparency in all that we do. Doing the right thing even if it means losing business. Keeping our promise and commitments. Treating our people and business partners with fairness and respect.
Empowerment: Creating an entrepreneurial culture where people can take initiative and succeed. Challenging our people to grow and reach their highest potential, individually and collectively. Trusting our people to take personal ownership and accountability and learn from their experiences.
Customer Focus: Partnering with our customers to enhance their productivity and performance. Listening to customer challenges and actively anticipating their future requirements. Delivering on our commitments to meet customer needs.
Restless Innovation: Continuously improving products, services and business processes. Constantly finding ways to enhance personal, customer and product performance to create maximum value. Challenging the status quo.
High Performance: Delivering strong and sustainable value for our shareholders. Performing to the highest standards against the commitments we make internally to one another and externally to our customers. Developing resilient businesses that are best in class. Acting with urgency without compromising quality, safety, the environment and our integrity.
Position Summary: The Utility Operator will provide all around support for the Respool operation. The candidate will have basic knowledge of how to perform all jobs within the department, be capable of running respool machines, and perform administrative duties as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- All duties and responsibilities associated with Respool Machine Operator Level 1, including but not limited to tasks such as:
- Monitoring and adjusting machine controls that can modify speed, tension, wire length, and/or spool size.
- Placing reel of specified wires onto pay-off spindle (weighing up to 100 lbs.) and thread wire through feed rolls.
- Verify wire sizes and calibrations using a micrometer and an Acromag tester.
- Properly identify and tag finished goods, record production data, and fill out the associated production paperwork.
- Read and interpret specifications, job orders, and production schedules to determine processes and materials.
- Perform cycle counts in the 5Z area, finished goods area, and breakdown areas.
- Ownership of wire request spreadsheet – log in items being sent, do quantity moves and load into tubs to be transported to the warehouse.
- Maintain breakdown area – pulling wire for jobs, returning unused wire back to breakdown locations, maintain inventory control, do all quantity moves in computer.
- Make I.D. tags and properly log all wire spools, create and close out jobs, run bench and keep track of work orders, and fix BOMs.
- Put finished wire away in finished goods locations.
- Inspect and prepare spools for D.C. area.
- Investigate all expedites on late orders and give proper responses.
- Fill out and maintain equipment production and maintenance record.
- Train Level 1 Operators.
- Practice 5S / Lean principles.
- Follow safety procedures and adhere to established quality policies.
- 3 years previous machine operation experience.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment using computers.
- Prior experience with inventory and cycle counting.
- Must be competent with all Level 1 Operator skills, knowledge & capabilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and management.
- Skill to verify products using quality measuring devices.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
- Able to lean, reach, kneel and stand for long periods of time.
- Knowledge on the use of hand tools.
- Knowledge of calibration metal types and color codes.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Attention to detail, thorough and legible written communication, and strong organizational skills.
- Basic math skills with an understanding of conversions.
- Able to multi-task and employ good time management.
- Willingness to work overtime when needed.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Laboratory Assistant in Tucker GA
- Temp General Laborer in Rochester NH
- Micro Solder Repair Technician in Norcross GA
- Quality Inspector in Lawrenceville GA
- Production Test Technician in Willmington MA
- EM Assembler in Willmington MA
- Assembly Technician in Flowery Branch GA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Buford GA
- Maintenance Mechanic - 3rd shift in Lincoln RI
- Laboratory Assistant in Marlborough MA
- Structural Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Mechanical Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Material Handler in Memphis TN
- Mold Maker in Rochester NH
- Tool Die Maker in Rochester NH
- Machine Operator 2nd Shift in Salem NH
- Laboratory Automation Engineer in Marlborough MA
- Materials Coordinator II in Lawrenceville GA
- Press Brake Operator in Lawrenceville GA
- Shipping-Stockroom in Lawrenceville GA
- Stockroom Helper in Lawrenceville GA
- Shop Helper (Machine) in Lawrenceville GA
- Shop Helper (Packaging) in Lawrenceville GA
- Customer Service Rep in Concord CA
- CNC Machinist in Flowery Branch GA
- Stainless Steel Finisher in Flowery Branch GA
- Material Handler 2nd Shift in Salem NH
- 3rd shift Packer-Picker-Puller in Newfield NJ
- 1st shift Picker Packer in Newfield NJ
- Painter in Lawrenceville GA
- Sanitation Lead in Attleboro MA
- CNC Machinist in Attleboro MA
- Maintenance Tech in Attleboro MA
- Warehouse-Manufacturing Associate in Natick MA
- Engineering Documentation Admin in Bedford NH
- Extrusion Manager in Mableton GA
- 2nd Shift Maintenance Supervisor in Newnan GA
- Laser Machine Operator in Flowery Branch GA
- AutoCAD Drafter in Conyers GA
- EM Assembler II in Westboro MA
- Inventory control clerk in Concord CA
- Material handler in Concord CA
- Manufacturing Design Engineer in Attleboro MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Attleboro MA
- Precision Inspector- Fremont in Fremont CA
- Tax Administrative Assistant in Louisville KY
- Staff Accountant in Attleboro MA
- Electrical Assembler in Duluth GA
- EM Assembler III Clean Room in Westborough MA
- Sr Systems Safety Engineer in Waltham MA
- TIG Welder-Aluminum in Flowery Branch GA
- Quality Engineer in Marlborough MA
- Industrial Motor Assembly Technician in Suwanee GA
- Account Executive in Cherry Hill NJ
- Maintenance Mechanic in Swedesboro NJ
- Surface Mount Machine Technician in New Hope MN
- Sr. Tooling Engineer in Woburn MA
- Lead Maintenance Mechanic in Conyers GA
- Robotics Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Precision Inspector in Concord CA
- Quality Technician II in Concord CA
- Facilities Maintenance Technician II in Concord CA
- Material Handler in Westborough MA
- Assembly Technician I 2nd shift in West Boylston MA
- Assembly Technician I in West Boylston MA
- Test Tech III in Westborough MA
- Quality Inspector 3rd Shift in Rochester NH
- Electronic Assembly Support in Alpharetta GA
- Electrical Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Mechanical Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Assembler in Lawrenceville GA
- Quality Control Technician in Billerica MA
- Extrusion Operator in Taunton MA
- Master Mechanic in Taunton MA
- Maintenance Electrician in Taunton MA
- Senior FPGA Design Engineer in Waltham MA
- Sales Support Admin in Chaska MN
- Scale Technician in August GA
- Electronic Assembler in Alpharetta GA
- Test Tech-Operator - weekend - 5 openings in Nashua NH
- Assemblers - Weekend Shift - in Nashua NH
- Test Tech-Operator - 2nd Shift - 8 openings in Nashua NH
- Assembler - 2nd Shift - in Nashua NH
- Test Tech-Operator - 1st Shift - 4 openings in Nashua NH
- Assemblers - 1st Shift in Nashua NH
- Machinist in Bedford NH
- Production Worker in Memphis TN
- Soldering Technician in Suwanee GA
- Material Coordinator in Westborough MA
- Utility Clerk in Lenox MA
- Machine Operator - 3rd Shift in Newton MA
- Field Application Technician in Hattiesburg MS
- Principal Test Engineer in Merrimack NH
- Lead Structural Engineer in Baton Rouge LA
- Sr. PM in Bridgeport CT
- Stockroom 1st Shift in Gainesville GA
- Welder in Dahlonega GA
- Maintenance Planning Schedule Specialist in Swedesboro NJ
- Sr Validation Engineer in West Point PA