We are currently hiring for a Drinking Water Service Technician to join our organization, Direct Hire!
This position REQUIRES a Massachusetts 1T, 1D or 2T Drinking Water License.
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities:
- Water system inspection, operation, maintenance and reporting;
- Make recommendations for improvements to the systems;
- Conduct sampling/analysis of water systems as required;
- Maintain compliance with all State and Federal regulatory requirements and guidelines;
- Install new facilities and equipment, repair/replace existing facilities and equipment. Performs system maintenance on facilities/equipment as required;
- Position may require overtime/weekend/holiday/night work. This includes pump station rounds, annual hydrant flushing (3rd shift) and emergency repairs;
- Position requires on-call in a rotation with other EE’s in the same area
- Performs daily pump station and treatment plant inspection rounds at various locations;
- Drive to various locations as assigned;
- Follows the proper SOP for each facility. Verifies reading to confirm proper pump station activity and records readings; Takes daily pH and Chlorine residuals as needed and if required, to monitor water quality;
- Regularly communicate with Operations Supervisor to insure expectations are satisfied;
- Insure compliance with customer/regulatory requirements;
- Respond to client concerns in a timely manner