Our client located in Worcester, Ma is looking for a Resource Planner to join their team. This is a 1st shift Direct Hire opportunity.
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive resource plan that includes known and predicted workload versus the resources needed to accomplish such work. Resources include permanent/temporary labor, subcontractors, skillsets, equipment, training, licensing, etc. Resource plans will reside on a dedicated scheduling and dispatching software application.
- Schedule and dispatch labor and equipment on a daily basis to support & Service Divisions and to ensure optimized utilization and productivity rates. This includes leading all efforts to establish and maintain any upstream processes to ensure the scheduling and dispatching process remains effective.
- Develop analytical analyses to accurately develop a resource planning performance scorecard that depicts resource utilization rates, cost impacts, risks, efficiencies, etc.
- Proactively research, identify, develop and report on key themes and trends to support future process improvements in resource planning. Challenge exiting ways of working and continuously seek ways to drive best-in-class performance.
- Lead and provide supporting data for all resource needs and approval efforts by working and communicating with Company Officers, Division Managers, Project Executives, Project Managers, Superintendents, etc.
- Develop, implement and manage an effective emergency dispatching process.
- Actively participates on a rotating schedule of on-call dispatching, when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field is preferred; or the equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- Must have strong analytical skills and the ability to quickly solve problems in a logical and effective manner.
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast paced organization and have the ability to develop and implement creative/effective process improvements to existing process.
- Experience with graphs and pivot tables
- Must be proficient using computers and have demonstrated ability to use scheduling and dispatching software to effectively manage resources.