Mechanical Engineer -
Salary $70-$90k based on experience. MUST have CREO experience.
- Lead product ownership activities for equipment after having been developed by multi-national Research & Development department.
- Work across technical / technological departments to innovate equipment modifications and revisions to fulfill customer needs and company objectives.
- Work with multi-national engineering team to achieve consensus / concurrence, thereby ensuring globally-accepted product lines.
- Assist team members outside of areas of expertise (Strategic and Operational Purchasing, Sales Engineering, Project Engineering, Service, Spare Parts) to transfer knowledge and ensure the proper solutions are provided to our customers.
- Coordinate multiple projects within the areas of expertise.
- Specific Activities
- Create engineering models and drawings with associated BOMs utilizing Creo
- Properly place in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) database.
- Drive product improvement processes for areas of expertise, including creation of value proposition, definition of work, scheduling & prioritization of workload, and providing status updates.
- Participate in project start-up meetings and project reviews to ensure that customer requirements are fully understood and project team members are aware of equipment capabilities and limitations.
- Assist Project Management and Service to resolve equipment installation issues at the customer facility in a timely, high-paced environment.
- Work with Technical Documentation to produce user’s manuals, technical data sheets.
- Work with Technical Center Electrical engineers to specify proper hardware regarding electrical aspects of equipment product line, accounting for customer voltage requirements.
- Engineer solutions with Product Specialists to achieve needed equipment performance for aspects outside the original design requirements of the equipment.
- Work with Manufacturing, Quality, Strategic and Operational Purchasing team members to ensure compliance with design standards for equipment parts.
- Provide engineering estimates to support Sales Engineering and Service for customer Request For Quotations (RFQs) when modifications to equipment are needed prior to sale.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Actively reviewing current practices and principles, and recommending / implementing process improvements.
- Demonstrated critical thinking while working in and providing leadership to project teams.
- Proficient with Creo; additional experience with Solidworks preferred.
- Working knowledge of machine safeguarding principles.
- Ability to produce and revise documents using the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of PLM, SAP.
- Experience with food processing equipment preferred.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%
- Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor‘s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Agricultural Engineering.
- Ability to work multiple projects at one time.
- Detail-oriented with emphasis on quality, producibility of engineered solutions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work under general supervision (self-directed) while managing priorities and resources.
- Displays mechanical aptitude and ingenuity in approach to difficult assignments.
- Committed to agreed-upon deadlines without compromise.
- Ability to handle heavy workloads at times with success.
- Ability to work effectively with international and interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to conduct himself/herself in a professional and courteous manner in a commercial setting.
- Major Success Measurements
- Projects that are released on time, within budget, and successfully meet requirements.
- Development of strong working relationships with Sales and Mechanical Engineers, Project Managers and Product Specialists.
- Maintaining a highly level of quality and accuracy at peak productivity.
Physical Working Environment
- Office environment.
- Laboratory/shop environment.
- Occasional travel to vendor; poultry and/or meat processing facilities