Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Lead Equipment Mechanic
The Lead Mechanic is responsible for supervising and directing the day to day work flow of shop personnel. The position is responsible for adhering to the company philosophy of being on-time, on spec and on-budget with regards to repairing industrial equipment. The Lead Mechanic will conduct him or herself in a professional manner at all times and treat other employees with courtesy and respect. This position will work in concert with the plant manager to train, develop and provide a safe working environment for all employees. This position is a working supervisor that facilitates initial inspections to diagnosis failures of industrial equipment and help sales produce an initial quote for repairing equipment. After a repair is approved, the lead mechanic will work with shop employees to provide an industry standard ISO 9001-15 quality repair
- Able to direct others and self to read job cards to determine: job status, work authorizations/limitations, estimate, description of problems, and/or expected serviceability.
- Ability to work within the construct of industry standards such as EASA and ISO9001-2015 and hold others accountable to these standards.
- Ability to understand and communicate customer standards and specifications.
- Test electro-mechanical equipment to troubleshoot known or suspected problems using various methods (ac or dc).
- Able to direct others and self to disassemble electro-mechanical equipment noting parts identification, configuration, and condition.
- Clean electro-mechanical equipment assemblies as needed using various methods and steps, including but not limited to: parts washers/steamers, caustic tanks, glass beaders, etc.
- Measure for or note proper replacement parts. Correctly requisition needed items from storekeeper, as approved by supervisor.
- Replace or repair worn or defective mechanical or electro-mechanical assemblies, including but not limited to: bearings, brushes, brush holders, motor leads, gears, seals, impellers, mechanical switches, brakes, clutches, clutch rotors, tachs, fans, end shields, etc.
- Retest reassembled electro-mechanical equipment for proper output and operation.
- Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
- Operate specialized repair and testing equipment and other equipment as needed.
- Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective gear (especially eye and ear protection).
- Lift, tighten, adjust, and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work duties.
- Assist other mechanics or other shop personnel in skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by plant manager.
- Basic mechanical aptitude and the ability to lead and direct multiple employees.
- 5+ years experience in electro-mechanical field, electric motor repair field, or industrial repair of manufacturing equipment highly preferred.
- Ability to understand, perform and retain various skill-related training and operational and safety procedures demonstrated by supervisor.
- Ability to work well with others in a team effort.
- Required minimum level of education: high school diploma.
Essential Functions/Work Environment:
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus, excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle, operate tools/equipment, and/or feel, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk and hear.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Inventory Technician in State College PA
- Mechanical Assembly in Duluth GA
- Order Puller-Forklift Driver 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Materials Manager in Littleton MA
- TIG Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Welder 2nd Shift in Dahlonega GA
- Staff Accountant in Ashland MA
- Documentation Specialist in Franklin MA
- Design Engineer in Atlanta GA
- Data Entry Admin in Concord CA
- Admin in
- Senior Cloud Software Engineer in Nashua NH
- Sales Coordinator in Norcross GA
- Sr. Manager NPD in Woburn MA
- Stockroom Clerk in Westford MA
- Machine Operator II- 1st shift in Londonderry NH
- Design Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Material Handler in Londonderry NH
- Payroll Supervisor in Auburn MA
- Regulatory Affairs Specialist II in Milford MA
- Buyer in MN
- MIG Spot Welder 2nd Shift in Alpharetta GA
- Sales Assistant in Lawrenceville GA
- Product Development Engineer in Middleborough MA
- Revenue Analyst in Atlanta GA
- Field Application Technician in Duluth GA
- Lead Development Applications Manager in
- IT Help Desk-Systems Support in Norcross GA
- HR Assistant in Merrimack NH
- Site Reliability Engineer in Milford MA
- Build and Release Manager in Milford MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Buford GA
- Order Puller-Forklift Operator in Suwanee GA
- Customer Service Rep in Flowery Branch GA
- Quality Engineer in Piscataway NJ
- 3rd shift Beam Operator in Manchester NH
- Electrical Inspector in Fridley MN
- Logistics Specialist in Milford MA
- Robotic Weld Operator-2nd Shift in Duluth GA
- Maintenance Supervisor in Franklin MA
- Business Development Executive in santa ana CA
- Controls Technician in Delano MN
- Material Handler in Methuen MA
- Mechanical Inspector C in Wilmington MA
- Mechanical Inspector A in Wilmington MA
- Controls Technician in Ball Ground GA
- Production Lab Technician in Milford MA MA
- Sr level Purchasing & Quoting Analyst in Central Manchester CT
- EM Assembler in Norwood MA
- Transportation Design Engineer in Atlanta GA
- Production Tech in Methuen MA
- Quality Engineer in Providence RI
- Sr. Design Assurance Engineer in Providence RI
- Electrical Engineer in
- Shipper-Reciever in Walpole MA
- Payroll Analyst in Andover MA
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Peabody MA
- Field Service Engineer in Bedford MA
- Robot Set-up Operator-3rd shift in Flowery Branch GA
- Robot Set-up Operator-1st shift in Flowery Branch GA
- Machine Operator in Suwanee GA
- EM Assembler in Norwood MA
- Press Brake Operator in Acton MA
- Controller in Norcross GA
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Maynard MA
- Facilities Assistant in Waltham MA
- Manufacturing-Process Engineer in New Britain CT
- Quality Engineer in Billerica MA
- Manufacturing-Process Engineer in Billerica MA
- 2nd shift Cable Operator in Manchester NH
- Development Project Specialist in Norwood MA
- Machinist in
- 3rd Shift Braid Operator in Manchester NH
- Mechanical Engineer in Memphis TN
- Test Technician in Nashua NH
- Purchaser in Norcross GA
- Engineer-Drafter in Pendergrass GA
- Medical Assembler II in Brooklyn Park MN
- Accounts Receivable in Westford MA
- Gear Machinist in Central Manchester CT
- Press Brake Operator- 2nd shift in Alpharetta GA
- Scrum Master - eCommerce in Milford MA
- Maintenance Mechanic in
- Project Manager in Alpharetta GA
- TIG-MIG Welder 2nd Shift in Alpharetta GA
- Contract Senior Technical Writer, Medical Devices in Milford MA
- Regulatory Affairs Specialist II in Milford MA
- Robotics Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Inventory Clerk in San Jose CA
- Distribution Associate in San Jose CA
- Inventory Control Clerk in San Jose CA
- Inspector in Lebanon NH
- Contract Specialist in Marlborough MA
- Stockroom & Logistics Manager in Westborough MA
- Sr Mechanical Engineer in Mansfield MA
- Cloud Infrastructure Engineer - L4 in Lowell MA
- Microdeburer A in Milford MA
- Controls Engineer in Columbia SC
- Electrical Engineer in Bedford MA
- Regulatory Affairs Manager in Lancaster NH