Our client located in Billerica, MA is looking for a Mechanic to work in their Biomedical Manufacturing Plant on a direct hire basis!! This is a 2nd shift position with on-the-job training and opportunity for advancement!
Hours are: 3pm-11:30pm Monday through Friday.
The Mechanic will report to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager and is responsible for the support of multiple production lines.
- Set-up, cleaning, maintenance and repair of existing process equipment used for strip production. This includes maintaining spare parts and tooling inventory.
- The mechanic will assist in the start-up, set-up, debugging and performance validation of various new manufacturing processes and equipment.
- They will document equipment status to management and other colleagues.
- Interfaces with Nova Manufacturing Engineering, Supervisors, Group and fellow Technicians.
- 2+ year’s experience supporting high volume manufacturing equipment.
- Possess a manufacturing background with experience in medical devices in an automated /semi-automated environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel; and strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong team oriented individual who has a mechanical aptitude and the ability to learn quickly.
- Familiar with equipment like micrometers, voltmeters and calipers.
- Associate’s technical degree in automation or proven automated process mechanical background a plus.