Maintenance Mechanic - 3rd shift
We are currently hiring for a 3rd shift Direct-Hire Maintenance Mechanic to join our advanced manufacturing company in Lincoln, RI!
Hours: 11:00PM – 7:30AM, with a bi-weekly weekend rotating schedule
Pay: $25/hour DOE
The Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible for the maintenance of all manufacturing equipment and machinery. Including the installation and relocation of machinery.
Responsibilities of the Maintenance Mechanic:
- Responsible for all equipment and parts for production lines.
- Maintenance of food preparation equipment & conveyor system.
- Review, complete, and communicate preventative maintenance on machines
- Preventative maintenance duties on a variety of lines and equipment.
- Replace, rotate, inspect, and change parts of industrial machines.
- Adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts.
- Align machines and equipment, using various means and tools to do so.
- Connect power unit to machines, and test unit to evaluate its mechanical & electrical operation. (Panel wiring, machine wiring & motor wiring)
- Repair and lubricate machines and equipment.
- Assemble and install equipment, using a variety of hand tools and power tools.
- Use blueprints and electrical schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Insert shims, adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts.
- Move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, hi-lows, and trucks.
- Develop and prioritize individual machine maintenance needs when necessary.
- Drive hi-lo to move equipment for inspection/repair/installation.
- Work with mixing, extruders, refrigeration, proofer, conveyors, boilers, silos, and oven equipment.
- Properly Lock out/ Tag out any applicable equipment before maintenance.
Requirements for the Maintenance Mechanic:
- MUST have industrial mechanical, electrical, and PLC experience
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing industrial machines.
- Experience with pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical, welding & pipefitting.
- Must have own tools (wrenches, screwdrivers, sockets, ratchets, meters, etc.)
- Prior experience driving hi-lo is preferred.
- Lift fifty or more pounds on a regular basis.
- Color perception (the ability to differentiate colors) is a must.
- Employment is subject to passing a Background check and drug screening
A recognized leader in the staffing industry for the past 30 years, DAVIS Companies partners with top employers both locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. Being a ClearyRated, Best of Staffing Award recipient 7 years in a row for exceptional client and talent service means we make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. With offices in Marlborough, MA, Manchester, NH, Suwanee, GA, Minneapolis, MN, Vineland, NJ and Memphis, TN, we put great people to work at great companies.