Our client in the food manufacturing industry is looking for a Maintenance Manager to join their night shift. The hours for this role are 5:00pm- 3:00am. This is a Direct Hire Opportunity located in Lynn, MA
Role and Responsibilities
- Safety: Understand and comply with safe work practices and procedures so as to create and maintain a safe working environment.
- Quality: Understands and complies with all USDA quality procedures and regulations to ensure we provide safe and top quality product to consumers.
- Follow the company GMP’s.
- Ensure all tools at your disposal are used to deliver effective timely repairs
- Diagnose, Repair and replace/install parts as and when required
- Aid the effective operation of the Engineering Dep’t and quality standards and service.
- Organize and implement a Preventative Maintenance program and schedule to maximize the reliability and safety of all of our equipment
- Help Set standards, organize procedures and measure performance to ensure continuous improvement
- Organize and monitor compliance with statutory and health and safety requirements
- Aid the Planning and control maintenance of utilities to ensure agreed availability and efficiency improvements within budgeted costs.
- Work with local authorities to ensure we are in compliance of all regulatory matters
- Plan ahead all activities to reduce downtime.
- Comply with Company Policies and Procedures.
- Communicates conditions of equipment by: completing appropriate maintenance records, transferring knowledge of conditions to incoming mechanics at shift change, and informing his supervisor of significant problems.
- Installs and facilitates new equipment.
- Develops, coordinates and administers a daily and weekly Maintenance Plan of Preventative services and corrective work orders requested by Maintenance technicians, Operations and QA Staff.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance procedures as per schedule.
- Accurate and timely completion of required documentation to enable clear traceability.
- Communicate and update all relevant parties of any issues or changes.
- Facilitate effective shift hand off discussions between the Maintenance Teams and with the Production, QA and Planning teams.
- Mentor and develop new Maintenance technicians to grow their careers and contribution.
- Any other tasks deemed reasonable and reasonably requested by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Detailed knowledge of process systems and controls within food manufacturing Arena
- Effective Communication skills, interpersonal skills needed for working in a team environment
- Be able to work in hot and cold conditions
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as necessary
- Minimum of five years of related work experience in food manufacturing
- Must possess knowledge of basic electrical
- Vocational schooling or Engineering degree preferred