We are currently hiring full time, Direct Hire, for a Maintenance Electrician on 1st shift! The ideal candidate will be currently licensed in Massachusetts as a Journeyman or Master Electrician. We offer excellent pay, stability, overtime, and growth options.
- Assemble to install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic equipment
- Diagnose malfunctioning electrical systems and components using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of an electrical breakdown and correct issue
- Prepare sketches and follow schematics to determine location of issues following all safety codes.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits to ensure the functionality of safety devices.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components
- Installation of electrical conduit, boxes, switches, outlets and complete circuit between these points
- Install grounding leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment - ammeter, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment
- Direct others to assist in install maintaining or repair electrical equipment and fixtures
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous
- Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files and ordering supplies for equipment.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment - electrical ammeters, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install maintain or repair electrical equipment, wiring and fixtures.
- Maintain current electrician's license to meet state regulations.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as light trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Provide assistance during emergencies
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Technical or Trade Education preferred
- MA Journeyman Electrician License required
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate effectively in English
- Minimum of five years of experience as an industrial electrician
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Must complete OJT specific to job classification in a timely manner