Maintenance Controls Tech
Maintenance Controls Tech
Our Client in the Gainesville, GA area is in need of a Maintenance Controls Tech will report directly to the Maintenance Supervisor.
Shift hours Day Shift (Mon - Fri)
This position pays $20/hr - $27/hr based on experience and is direct hire.
- Safety comes first for yourself and others for all activities
- Strives to meet plant goals, including safety, quality and efficiency
- Participates in departmental meetings
- Inspects complete work and ensures that work conforms with building and safety code requirements
- Able to lead, promote and participate in a team environment
- Outline project specification for PLC improvements
- Continuously look for ways to improve manufacturing processes
- Develop project plan for updates and maintenance for PLC programs on a timely basis
- Ensure the plans have been communicated to all team members with complete understanding of individual action plans and timelines
- Mentor and train other techs as needed to effectively maintain control systems.
- Be prepared to work various hours and on-call when needed to support plant production activities.
- PLC Programming for line sequence or troubleshooting
- Conducts continuous search of new materials, processes and procedures to enhance and improve the productivity of the plant
- All other duties as assigned
- Strong working knowledge of electrical procedures & advanced knowledge of Rockwell/ Allen Bradley programmable logic control systems.
- Excellent knowledge of extrusion process preferred
- In depth knowledge of industrial controls including drives, motor controls, etc.
- Ability to read hydraulic and electrical drawings and Schematics
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills; must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations; must have working knowledge of power and hand tools; a steady work history.
- Self-Starter; Ability to influence others; Adaptable to change and ability to work as a team; Ability to prioritize needs
- Mechanical Reasoning
- Mobile Equipment Certification required (or the ability to attain this certification)
- Extensive knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC 5’s and 5000
- Experience in the use of technology to improve manufacturing processes
- Experience working with multiple types of drives, interfaces, and programming logic
- Experience with Compact logic control systems preferred
- AutoCad Experience a plus
If you would like to apply directly to this position please send your resume to email@example.com