Location: Bridgeport, NJ
Shift: 2nd (2:30pm-11pm)
Machine Operator II
Objective: Setup, configure, operate and ability to perform routine maintenance on wire respoolers, insulation taping machines, glass insulation wrapping machines, braiding machines, binder ovens, wire extruders, and twister machine.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities associated with Wire Machine Operator Level 1
- Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Interprets job specifications, job orders, production schedules to determine process and material requirements
- Monitors and controls all process setups and parameters to maintain acceptable product quality standards. (i.e. diameter control, line speed, screw speeds, melt temperatures, and all remaining process parameters and variables).
- Perform clean outs, changeovers and tip and die tooling changes in a timely fashion without assistance.
- Able to troubleshoot heating circuits with multi-meter (heater bands, thermocouples and fuses)
- Places reel of specified wire onto pay off spindle of machine and threads wire through feed rolls.
- Mix and blend coating materials according to specifications and wire calibrations.
- Starts machine and observe for proper operation
- Perform QC inspections for, continuity, insulation wall thickness utilizing spark testers, volt meters, Acromags, troubleshoots and adjusts process where necessary to insure product quality.
- Knowledge of the all calibrations, colors and metal content of extension grade and thermocouple grade wires.
- Verifies calibration and wire gauge sizes using Acromag and micrometers.
- Replaces tooling or wear mechanisms and performs preventive routine maintenance on equipment on an as need basis
- Examines wire for conformance to specifications and removes defective pieces
- Properly identify and tag finished goods recording data in daily production logs.
- Maintains acceptable productivity levels.
- Trains lower level operators.
- Practices good housekeeping and safety procedures and adheres to established quality policies and procedures.
- Orders and maintains stock levels of insulating materials and other materials to support production
- Ability to run 2 extruders 1-1/2”pvc and 1-1/2”teflon or a1-1/2” Teflon and a 1” fine gauge with twister without constant help or excessive down time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Has enough hand strength to remove bolts and remove large tooling from extruders.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and management.
- Ability to verify products using quality measuring devices.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lean, reach, kneel.
- Knowledge on the use of hand tools.
- Knowledge of calibration metal types and color codes.
Education and/or Experience:
· 5 years previous machine operation experience.
· Strong Mechanical Aptitude
· Math skills and understanding of conversions