Exciting new opportunity for experienced, bilingual (English/Spanish) HR Generalist! Seeking a qualified HR professional to fill a permanent position with growing manufacturing organization headquartered in Lynn, MA.
HR Generalist will be responsible for providing HR support to the management team and hourly employees in a hands-on, full-time generalist position.
Responsibilities include assisting in payroll, recruitment, hiring, onboarding, managing flow of temporary employees, training, employee relations; leave of absence administration, workers compensation claims, compliance, audits (i-9s, benefits, etc.), customer audits, and benefits administration. This strong, second in command position will be responsible for providing assistance to employees and maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Benefits Administration including new hire enrollment, annual open enrollment, monthly premium processing, and COBRA administration.
- Working with employees on administrative issues and performance issues; participating in employee coaching/counseling sessions and terminations.
- Conduct job fairs, screen and interview applicants, prepare new hire paperwork and facilitate new hire orientations.
- Coordinate recruiting and staffing initiatives; screen and counsel line managers in final selections and compensation.
- Process payroll
- Provide guidance and training to the management team on how to handle employee and HR related issues.
- Coach management team in the areas of performance counseling, employee retention, policy interpretation and implementation and conflict resolution.
- Maintain employee personnel files and other required record keeping.
- Assist with safety program within the plant by participating in new hire and monthly training to all personnel, accident investigation and reporting, maintaining compliance documentation and postings as needed. Participate as a member in Safety Committee meetings.
- Streamline and automate human resources processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within the department.
- Assist in managing employee relations by investigating, resolving, and communicating in regards to employee questions, issues, or concerns.
- Determine and take appropriate action to resolve issues in a timely, appropriate, and confidential manner.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, and three (3) plus years of Human Resources experience or any similar combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
- Bilingual communication skills - Spanish and English - required
- Ability to maintain a current knowledge base of employment regulations/laws, payroll, benefits, and HR related trends and processes.
- Knowledge of payroll and payroll tax regulations.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and work with a high degree of independence
- Microsoft Office experience, strong Excel skills preferred
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Solid analytical, reasoning and deduction skills; high level of attention to details.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of employment laws, including FMLA, ADA, FLSA, COBRA, ERISA, HIPPA and EEO is required.
- Proven experience managing various types of leaves of absences.
- Experience with W/C claims management, injury investigations, and work site programs is a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a cross functional team atmosphere
- Experience with positive employee relations in a multi-cultural food production or manufacturing environment
- Must have understanding of OSHA regulations and record keeping requirements.