We are currently hiring for a Direct-Hire General Manager to join a family owned & operated distribution company in Everett, MA!
Salary: $95-120k DOE
The General Manager is responsible for achieving the overall performance goals for productivity, cost, quality, and the daily business operations in relation to the corporate location and all management.
Responsibilities of the General Manager:
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of employees and customers to ensure long-term and successful partnerships.
- Work with the Plant Manager on Production, Inventory & Staff Recruitment.
- Achieve customer metrics to ensure performance goals are successfully met, decrease incident rates, comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), etc.
- Develop and achieve agreed budget, revenue, and profit (P&L) for site.
- Manage the development of associates through performance management process.
- Achieve improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring, and administering performance reviews.
- Create and manage an effective labor plan to ensure proper staffing levels, manage attrition, control labor spend to include seasonal, full-time, part-time, temporary labor and overtime.
- Work closely with routing and dispatch teams to coordinate effective delivery routes.
- Manage, monitor daily loadout, and dispatch processes for delivery teams daily.
- Create an environment that fosters open and positive team communication. Improve upon company policies & procedures as needed.
- Liaise with Safety Manager and Executive Teams to enforce company safety standards and ensure all employees are complying with policies and procedures to reduce accidents and create a safe working environment.
Education/Experience for the General Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics, transportation management is preferred, not required.
- 3- 5 years’ management experience
- Gas distribution or transportation industries preferred
Requirements for the General Manager:
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Skilled at balancing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of computerized transportation systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and written as well as practice active listening skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet business needs.
- Computer literate with general knowledge of software to include Microsoft Office Suite.
A recognized leader in the staffing industry for the past 30 years, DAVIS Companies partners with top employers both locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. Being a ClearyRated, Best of Staffing Award recipient 7 years in a row for exceptional client and talent service means we make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. With offices in Marlborough, MA, Manchester, NH, Suwanee, GA, Minneapolis, MN, Vineland, NJ and Memphis, TN, we put great people to work at great companies.