Engineering Technician (Document Control)
Engineering Technician (Document Control)
Our client located in Charlton, Ma is looking for an Engineering Technician with a strong Document Control background to join their 1st shift. This is a Direct Hire Opportunity.
The Engineering Technician, for document control, primary responsibility is the creation and maintenance of routers. Our Technician provides technical engineering support and direction to the Product Lines manufacturing operation in the definition, design, and documentation of manufacturing processes, including the documentation and implementation of detailed instructions, the procurement and installation of parts, fixtures, and tooling, helping manufacturing to produce well designed and profitable parts.
- Define, develop, improve, and implement robust processes and detailed instructions (routers) utilizing engineering best practices and discipline, that clearly and effectively result in finished parts that meet customer specifications. Interfacing with multiple roles in an engineering department to ensure document management activities occur in a timely fashion
- Maintain and update information in the ERP & CRM systems for part numbers, routers, bills of materials and standards, including the processing of all appropriate ECN paperwork and transactions
- Assist Sales with the preparation of quotes; including the generation of part drawings and routers as needed, creation of part numbers, estimation of NRE costs and definition of specifications (dimensions and tolerances). Participate in the resolution of customer problems and issues, as needed
- Review customer supplied drawings and specifications to determine feasibility and to offer alternatives
- Create and maintain part drawings and bills of materials for manufactured parts
- Analyze production requirements, existing tooling, etc. and determine the need for specialized items
- Work with Quality Assurance to establish and review Quality Specifications (mechanical & optical), including drawing and tolerances
- Design and develop fixtures, tooling, programs, packaging and equipment required to support defined processes, and ensure that all are in place for manufactured parts
- Ensure overall documentation quality to include proofreading grammar, format, and consistency and ensure that required content is present in every document / router created and maintained
- Communicate with and understand customer needs and specifications, as well as Incom capabilities
- Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology, Technical school or other related engineering field required. Related experience in lieu of the education will also be given consideration.
- One to two years’ minimum experience in a related engineering tech / document control role in a production environment required. Stable work history required.
- Knowledge of standard manufacturing processes: machining, milling, grinding, assembly, as well as Quality Assurance
- Proficient in using with ERP/CRM systems and the ability to learn the ERP and the document/ change management systems utilized at Incom. IQMS experience and new ERP implementation experience a plus.
- CAD/CAM experience required (SolidWorks, AutoCad, AutoDesk or other 3D solid modeling platform)
- Experience with milling machines, grinders and other finishing machines preferred
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work “hands-on” with production team members in designing, developing and implementing new products/processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment, meeting deadlines on time and under pressure.
- Demonstrated history of thriving in a dynamic, results driven work environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Positive attitude, self-motivator and tenacious follow up skills required
- Proven team player with excellent people skills, ability to motivate and work as part of a team.
- Strong passion for detail, excellent process/project management skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Meeting the physical, mental and behavioral expectations of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation is essential