We are currently seeking an Electromechanic in the Atlanta, GA area to Complete all maintenance functions including preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repairing manufacturing equipment, promotes and practices safety at all times, and contributes to the continuous improvement of plant equipment by finding ways to eliminate unscheduled downtime and improve efficiency. Responsible for providing electrical and instrumentation support to the plant by testing, troubleshooting, repairing all types of electronic equipment. These include PLC based machine controls, AC/DC motors and drives, sensors, computer controls, HMI’s, and plant power systems. Participates in SPS and other performance improvement initiatives.
Responsibilities of the Electromechanic
- Perform all duties safely. Use all safety equipment and procedures. Handle and use all tools safely. Follow OSHA and Sonoco standards, including energy isolation. Participate in safety audits and related safety program activities as prescribed.
- Follow procedures to perform required PM programs and general maintenance tasks including electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic repairs
- Read and interpret electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics for troubleshooting and repair of all plant equipment
- Provide electrical and instrumentation support to the plant by testing, troubleshooting, repairing all types of electronic equipment. These include PLC based machine controls, AC/DC motors and drives, sensors, computer controls, HMI’s, and plant power systems
- Understand servo motion controls, incremental and absolute position encoders and resolvers.
- Analyze and repair PLC controlled equipment using the appropriate techniques and peripheral equipment
- Conduct root cause failure analysis and use problem solving techniques to ensure effective repairs on equipment
- Document all work performed in a timely, accurate and detailed manner using the current maintenance system and other reporting structures as determined by the supervisor.
- Participate in SPS pillar teams (DTM, ME, CI) to deliver and sustain equipment maintenance improvements and increase operational effectiveness.
- Work to continuously improve the machines and the standardized procedures used to maintain them. Demonstrated ability to communicate your ideas effectively both verbally and in writing
- Has a clear understanding of production goals. Follows Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Understand, identify, and take steps to prevent quality defects through performance of quality checks. .
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or manager.
Requirements of the Electromechanic
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Technical/vocational training and/or Associates degree preferred.
- Previous PLC experience with a working knowledge of Allen Bradley and/or Siemens PLCs preferred.
- Minimum two years experience as an Electromechanical Technician
- Strong electrical and mechanical troubleshooting experience required
- Expected to work on and be responsible for high speed complex lines with robotic automation.
- Must be a team player, have great communication skills and be flexible to accomplish the necessary tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate records, logs and files in a timely manner
- Must possess willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Is flexible to perform multiple job tasks and has strong problem solving, teamwork, leadership, communication and coaching skills