2nd shift Maintenance Mechanic
We are currently hiring for a 2nd shift Maintenance Mechanic at our fast-paced manufacturing facility in Ayer, MA!
Hours: 2:30p - 11:00p with potential for OT
Pay: $22-24/hour + differential!
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- 3-5 years maintenance mechanic experience.
- Maintenance mechanic experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of maintenance terminology, GMP, OSHA and Production experience
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be highly motivated and responsible, and work well within a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, challenging and consistently changing environment