Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
We are currently searching for a Tooling Engineer to join a large manufacturing company in Jasper, GA. The main duties of the Tooling Engineer are to facilitate the fabrication of transfer molding tools and auxiliary equipment to deliver world class rubber products on time and on budget, and to support manufacturing operations. This position will include conceptual design of tooling, project management of tooling fabrication, implementation of tooling into the manufacturing processes, and maintenance of the tooling for its life cycle.
Responsibilities of the Tooling Engineer:
- Ensure all tooling reliably produces parts that meet print tolerances and capability requirements.
- Resident expert on innovative tooling design capabilities and repair techniques.
- Lead the development of tooling maintenance best practices and standards.
- Facilitate tool design reviews and make recommendations on tooling projects to ensure manufacturability, efficiency, and cost-savings.
- Monitor project schedules with tooling suppliers and ensure that projects are completed on time and according to design.
- Provide project status and updates to management on a periodic basis.
- Implement tooling modifications and improvements, to achieve continual improvement and to support Quality and Operations.
- Maintain and control internal part design documentation and drawings.
- Supervise a team of in-house machinists, welders, and tooling technicians.
- Assist Program Managers to prepare internal quotes for new/existing programs and engineering changes.
Requirements of the Tooling Manager:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, BSME Preferred
- 5+ years of relevant manufacturing/engineering experience with design, fabrication, application of molding tools, and supervisory experience is preferred.
- Understanding of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Kaizen, lean manufacturing
- Understanding of manufacturing and mold making
- Ability to develop and present basic training for tool design, use, and maintenance.
- Ability to work hands-on with tooling and equipment.
- Project planning and management experience.
- A proven background working in a manufacturing environment, TS16949 experience is preferred.
- Accuracy and precision oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Basic understanding of dimensioning, tolerance and inspection practices.
- The demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate design and tooling specifications to suppliers, manufacturing, engineering, and customers.
- Proficient in CAD software and solid modeling, SolidWorks preferred.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel at intermediate level, including data sorting, spreadsheet design, linking, and advanced formulas
- Proficient in project management software
- Knowledge of CNC programming preferred.
- Production Assistant in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Multi-Craft Day Shift in Gainesville GA
- Maintenance Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Customer Service Rep in Needham Heights MA
- Receptionist in Alpharetta GA
- Outside Account Manager in Brooklyn Park MN
- NDT Level III Inspector in Santa Fe Springs CA
- NDT Level II Inspector in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Quality Control Inspector in Cumming GA
- Assembler - Kitter in Milford MA
- Mechanical Drafter in Brooklyn Park MN
- Solidworks Drafter in McBee SC
- IT Recruiter MA in Woburn MA
- Electrical Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Material Handler in Lindon UT
- Manufacturing Engineer in Pendergrass GA
- Customer Care Coordinator in Suwanee GA
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Collections Specialist in Norwell MA
- Financial Analyst in Milford MA
- Inventory Controller in Lebanon NH
- Shipper in Plymouth MA
- Sr. Assembly Technician in East Boston MA
- CAD designer in Hudson MA
- Welder in Duluth GA
- Safety Engineer in Norcross GA
- Material Handler in Taunton MA
- Manufacturing Supply Chain Clerk in Doraville GA
- Shipping in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Packaging Engineer in Ayer MA
- Manufacturing Lab Technician in Norwood MA
- Maintenance Planner in Gainesville GA
- Engineering Intern in Memphis TN
- Order Processor in Duluth GA
- Planner in Duluth GA
- Depot Repair Technician in Duluth GA
- Receiving Material Handler in Flowery Branch GA
- Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Deployment Team in Suwanee GA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- Technical Recruiter MA in Marlborough MA
- QA Technician in Lawrence MA
- ID-OD GRIND MACHINIST in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Controls Engineer in Vance AL
- Electrical Design Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Wiring Technician in Suwanee GA
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Suwanee GA
- HR Director in MA
- CNC Machinist in Contoocook NH
- Sr. Electrical Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- 2nd shift ID-OD GRIND MACHINIST in Central Manchester CT
- Shipper- Warehouse Associate (seasonal) in Ashland MA
- Control Panel Power Wirer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Controls Tech in Gainesville GA
- Electro-Mechanical Assembler - Technician in New Brighton MN
- Buyer in Milford NH
- Shipping Clerk in Brooklyn Park MN
- Bench Repair Technician in Cumming GA
- Welder - Sheet metal fabricator in N. Billerica MA
- Program Manager in Saint Petersburg FL
- electro-mechanical assemblers in Merrimack NH
- Standard Fabrication - 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Lynn MA
- EM Assembler in Westborough MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Chelmsford MA
- Quality Engineer in Maple Grove MN
- Packaging Supervisor in Lynn MA
- Technical Writer in Norwell MA
- Accountant in Loganville GA
- Assembly in Buford GA
- Wiring Technician in Buford GA
- Production Admin in Duluth GA
- Shift Supervisor in Duluth GA
- Maintenance Mechanic, Class A, 1st shift in Worcester MA
- Industrial Engineer in Loganville GA
- 2nd Shift Shipping Lead in Lynn MA
- Quality Engineer in Clinton MA
- Assembly Technician in Tucker GA
- Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Press Brake Operator in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Engineer in Bedford MA
- Process Engineer in Covington GA
- Refrigeration Technician in Acton MA
- Electrical Technician in Milford MA
- Supplier Quality Technican in Milford MA
- Documentation Control Specialist in Maple Grove MN
- Clinical Data Manager in Boston MA
- Mechanical Assembler- 2nd Shift in Santa Fe Springs CA
- machinists- 2nd shift 3p-11 in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Programmer in Contoocook NH
- Quality Documentation Coordinator in Bloomington MN
- Lab Processing Clerk in Norwood MA
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in Norwood MA
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Microdeburrer in Milford MA
- Assembly Specialist in Milford MA