Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
We are currently searching for a Tooling Engineer to join a large manufacturing company in Jasper, GA. The main duties of the Tooling Engineer are to facilitate the fabrication of transfer molding tools and auxiliary equipment to deliver world class rubber products on time and on budget, and to support manufacturing operations. This position will include conceptual design of tooling, project management of tooling fabrication, implementation of tooling into the manufacturing processes, and maintenance of the tooling for its life cycle.
Responsibilities of the Tooling Engineer:
- Ensure all tooling reliably produces parts that meet print tolerances and capability requirements.
- Resident expert on innovative tooling design capabilities and repair techniques.
- Lead the development of tooling maintenance best practices and standards.
- Facilitate tool design reviews and make recommendations on tooling projects to ensure manufacturability, efficiency, and cost-savings.
- Monitor project schedules with tooling suppliers and ensure that projects are completed on time and according to design.
- Provide project status and updates to management on a periodic basis.
- Implement tooling modifications and improvements, to achieve continual improvement and to support Quality and Operations.
- Maintain and control internal part design documentation and drawings.
- Supervise a team of in-house machinists, welders, and tooling technicians.
- Assist Program Managers to prepare internal quotes for new/existing programs and engineering changes.
Requirements of the Tooling Manager:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, BSME Preferred
- 5+ years of relevant manufacturing/engineering experience with design, fabrication, application of molding tools, and supervisory experience is preferred.
- Understanding of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Kaizen, lean manufacturing
- Understanding of manufacturing and mold making
- Ability to develop and present basic training for tool design, use, and maintenance.
- Ability to work hands-on with tooling and equipment.
- Project planning and management experience.
- A proven background working in a manufacturing environment, TS16949 experience is preferred.
- Accuracy and precision oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Basic understanding of dimensioning, tolerance and inspection practices.
- The demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate design and tooling specifications to suppliers, manufacturing, engineering, and customers.
- Proficient in CAD software and solid modeling, SolidWorks preferred.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel at intermediate level, including data sorting, spreadsheet design, linking, and advanced formulas
- Proficient in project management software
- Knowledge of CNC programming preferred.
- SENIOR QUALITY SPECIALIST in Merrimack NH
- Assembler III in Hudson NH
- Jr. Program Manager in Hudson NH
- Electrical Tester in Brooklyn Park MN
- Payroll Administrator in Merrimack NH
- Sr Buyer in Bloomington MN
- Manufacturing Test Engineer in Huntsville AL
- Controls Engineer in Newnan GA
- Purchaser in Duluth GA
- Quality Technician in Flowery Branch GA
- Test Technician in Duluth GA
- Test Tech in Acton MA
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanic in Memphis TN
- Quality Inspector in Memphis TN
- CNC Machinist in Middleboro MA
- CAD Designer in McBee SC
- Industrial Engineer in McBee SC
- Helper in Doraville GA
- Warehouse Associate - 1st Shift in Shrewsbury MA
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Design -Drafter in Concord NH
- buyer -Planner in Central Manchester CT
- Quality Assurance Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Marketing Program Manager III in Lowell MA
- Press Brake Operator in Acton MA
- Welder in Loganville GA
- Welder in Acton MA
- Assembler in Derry NH
- Manufacturing Project Manager in Brooklyn Park MN
- Forklift - Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Machine Operator - 2nd Shift in Middleboro MA
- Stock Prep Position in Middleboro MA
- Assembler (1st Shift) in Middleboro MA
- Principal Process Design & Development Engineer - Hard Turning in North Canton OH
- Quality Assurance Inspector in Flowery Branch GA
- Warehouse - 3rd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Associate Service Consultant in Memphis TN
- Quality Tech in Alpharetta GA
- CNC Machinist in Milford MA
- Service Tech - Installer in Suwanee GA
- Timing Belt Fabrication 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Production Control Associate in Cumming GA
- Maintenance Technician in Hickory NC
- SMT Machine Operator in Milford NH
- Buyer-Planner in Merrimack NH
- Facilities Maintenance Mechanic in Billerica MA
- Mechanical Inspector III in Waltham MA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Chaska MN
- Maintenance Manager in Atlanta GA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Duluth GA
- Production Assistant in Brooklyn Park MN
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Welder in Doraville GA
- Data Entry Clerk (TN) in Memphis TN
- Manufacturing Supervisor-Machining in Wilmington MA
- Electro-Mechanical Assembler - Technician in New Brighton MN
- Laboratory Assistant 1 in Memphis TN
- Medical Device Assembler in Minneapolis MN
- Expeditor in Lawrenceville GA
- Assembler - Kitter in Milford MA
- CNC Lathe Machinist in Boylston MA
- Client Support Clerk - Temporary in Memphis TN
- Embedded Engineer in Watertown MA
- Forklift Operator - 2nd Shift in Vineland NJ
- Quality Inspector II - PCBA in Westborough MA
- Customer Reception and Support Representative in Alpharetta GA
- Lab Technician in Suwanee GA
- Quality Control Inspector in Brooklyn Park MN
- Document Control Specialist in Worcester MA
- Warehouse Lead 3rd Shift in Worcester MA
- Maintenance Mechanic 2nd shift in Worcester MA
- Desktop Support in Suwanee GA
- Assembly Technician in Tucker GA
- Supply Chain Associate in Worcester MA
- DMR Coordinator in Westborough MA
- Shipping and Receiving in Suwanee GA
- Test Operator in Westboro MA
- Warehouse - 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Configuration Analyst in Framingham MA
- Maintenance Planner in Gainesville GA
- Lab Support Personnel in Memphis TN
- Principal Process Design & Development Engineer in North Canton OH
- Material Handler in Westborough MA
- Electro - Mechanical Assembler in Maple Grove MN
- Technical Recruiter in Marlborough MA
- Sr. Software Engineer in Norwood MA
- Crimpers in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Inspection Technician in Wilmington MA
- Control Panel Power Wirer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Project Manager in Marlborough MA
- Talent Acquisition Manager in Marlborough MA
- Quality Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Quality Technician in Gainesville GA
- Stockroom Attendant in Gainesville GA
- Shipper- Warehouse Associate in Ashland MA
- Electrical Engineer in Ashland MA
- Inventory Control in Duluth GA
- Quality Inspector in Memphis TN
- Supplier Quality Engineer in Chaska MN
- Manufacturing Tech (Entry Level- Skilled) in Ayer MA