Sr. Tooling Engineer
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Sr. Tooling Engineer
Title:Sr. Tooling Engineer
We are looking for a Sr. Tooling Engineer in the North Haven, CT area!
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Senior Tooling Design Engineer designs and/or specifies complex assembly equipment/tooling, test fixtures, and gauges to support New Product Development projects. He/she is responsible for cost estimation, adherence to schedule, design/specification review, request for quote, fabrication/debug and acceptance testing. He/she contributes as a technical member of an Extended Team concerning aspects of high complexity assembly equipment and tooling, including Design for Assembly and Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis. He/she will work under the direction of an Advanced Engineering Sr. Manager in a fast-paced collaborative environment supportive of program initiatives and compliant with company best practices.
1. Designs high complexity assembly equipment/tooling, test fixtures, and gauges using CREO.
2. Re-designs externally designed assembly equipment/tooling, test fixtures, and gauges to support necessary change.
3. Conducts formal design reviews with customers prior to fabrication to ensure requirements are effectively addressed.
4. Prepares design and process documentation in accordance with relevant internal Standard Operating Procedures.
5. Interacts with equipment integrators and machine shops through formal design and specification reviews, fabrication schedules and Site Acceptance Testing.
6. Participates in Design for Assembly (DFA) and Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (PFMEA) processes to understand assembly process and make recommendations for improvements.
7. Executes the fabrication, set-up, debug, and initial trial of assembly equipment/tooling, test fixtures, and gauges.
8. Prepares reports, presentations and spreadsheets of an analytical and interpretative nature to solve complex problems.
9. Contributes to Lessons Learned through process development associated with the completion of specific projects.
10. Collaborates with peers in the development of Factory Acceptance Test protocols to verify assembly equipment/tooling meets requirements.
11. Skilled at recognizing problems and developing innovative solutions to assembly and/or process challenges of considerable scope and complexity.
12. Advises Management of any unmitigated risks and/or developments that could affect Time to Market or Cost.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
2. Travel to supplier sites required.
3. Continue to enhance engineering skills through additional training and education.
A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for production support engineering with respect to testing methods, procedures, and problems; device specification and yield problems; minor redesign of devices and masks; analysis of customer returns; supplier related engineering changes and optimizing device production relative to cost constraints.
- Assumes responsibility for device and/or internally produced or externally purchased components after transfer into high-volume production and usually responsible for entire device manufacturing operations other than wafer fabrication.
- May assist customer in device usage problems or customer testing of complex devices.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience
Nice to Have
BS Mechanical Engineering, or Equivalent
- Thorough understanding of technical principles, theories and techniques as related to Tooling Design.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Effectively communicates and works cooperatively with others as part of a team.
- Ability to manage project timelines and work independently to execute deliverables in a timely manner.
- Ability to solve complex problems and execute innovative solutions.
- Ability to compile, organize and present complex technical data.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and ability to design, reliable and innovative mechanical systems and mechanisms for assembly, test and/or measurement of medical devices.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of drafting practices, GD&T and tolerance analysis.
- Knowledge of kinematic and stress analysis of mechanical systems.
- Fundamental understanding of related fields of engineering such as electrical, pneumatics, optics/vision, motion control and/or inspection software.
- Knowledge of Design for Assembly analyses, mistake proofing techniques and Process Failure Mode Effect Analyses.
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Cross Cultural Respect
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Creative Problem Solving
- Strong computer skills (CREO, Solidworks, Windchill, Agile, MS Office, MS Project, etc…)
Standard office setting, clean room manufacturing area, model shop, supplier manufacturing facilities. Travel expected, approximately 15%.
- Senior Development Scientist in Loveland CO
- R&D Research Associate in San Jose CA
- 10363238 Medical Writer in Chaska MN
- Machine Equipment Operator 2nd Shift in Flowery Branch GA
- Electronic Assembly Support in Alpharetta GA
- 10371474 Development Scientist in Carlsbad CA
- Bench Repair Technician in Kennesaw GA
- Stockroom- 2nd Shift in Gainesville GA
- Maintenance Technician III in Duluth GA
- MFG Test Engineer in Littleton MA
- Print Press Operator in Olive Branch MS
- Assembly Technician in Flowery Branch GA
- 2nd Shift EM Tech in Danvers MA
- Cycle Count Associate in Jefferson GA
- Electro-Mechanical Assembler in Vineland NJ
- Quality Control Technician in Billerica MA
- Service Repair Technician 2nd shift in Chelmsford MA
- Fitter in Memphis TN
- Project Planner in Milford MA
- Mechanical Assembly in Cartersville GA
- PTO Tech in Memphis TN
- Operator- Draftsman in Woburn MA
- Packaging Assembler in Newton MA
- Inspector in Lebanon NH
- Material handler with Cycle count Experience in Concord CA
- Shipping & Receiving Clerk in Concord CA
- Computer Operator in Swedesboro NJ
- 3rd Shift Assembler in Chelmsford MA
- Picking - 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Receptionist- HR Admin Assistant in New Hope MN
- ISO Tank Mechanic in Bridgeton NJ
- Maintenance Manager in Millville NJ
- 2nd shift Lead Mechanic in Millville NJ
- Warehouse Operator in Memphis TN
- Administrative Assistant in Swedesboro NJ
- Warehouse Manager in Swedesboro NJ
- 2nd shift Machine Operator in Vineland NJ
- Distribution Supervisor in Newnan GA
- Warehouse Shipper in Wilmington MA
- Warehouse Receiving in Wilmington MA
- QA Supervisor in Millville NJ
- Test Operator (2 2nd shift and 1 1st shift) in Austin TX
- IT Project Manager in Milford MA
- Medical Technologist in Chantilly VA
- Production Test Technician in Willmington MA
- MIG Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- TIG-MIG Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Project Manager in Wilmington NC
- SI Assembler in Austin TX
- Strategic Innovation Manager in Memphis TN
- Process Engineer in Clover SC
- Warehouse Lead in Memphis TN
- Customer Service in Memphis TN
- Facilities Tech in Westborough MA
- Electronics Assembler in New Hope MN
- System Level Debug Tech in Chelmsford MA
- Conformal Coating Technician in Suwanee GA
- Sr. Python Developer in Ruffsdale PA
- Rework & Soldering Technician in Coon Rapids MN
- CNC Process Engineer in Troy AL
- Client Services Rep I in Lee's Summit MO
- Forklift Operator in Memphis TN
- Distribution Associate I in Memphis TN
- Stockroom- 3rd Shift in Gainesville GA
- Machine Shop Supervisor in Suwanee GA
- Welder in Dawsonville GA
- HR Benefits Specialist in Andover MA
- Welder in Dawsonville GA
- Shipping and Receiving Clerk in Buford GA
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Quality Engineer in Raleigh NC
- Em Assemblers 2nd shift in Merrimack NH
- Purchaser in
- General Labor Warehouse in Memphis TN
- Sales Engineer in Bedford NH
- IT Operations Engineer II in Milford MA
- 2nd shift CNC Lathe Machinist in Flowery Branch GA
- Senior Quality Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- Technical Service Technician 2 in Chelmsford MA
- Press Brake Operator-Day Shift in Alpharetta GA
- Continuous Improvement Engineer in Newnan GA
- Electronic Service Technician in Plymouth MN
- Plant Controller in Franklin MA
- Controller in Nashua NH
- Temp Optical Assembly Tech in Nashua NH
- CNC Machine Operator in Lawrence MA
- Calibration Technician in Andover MA
- Electrician in Franklin MA
- Lead Electrical Engineer in Anoka MN
- Entry-Level Assembler in Andover MA
- E-M Assemblers in Merrimack NH
- Maintenance Supervisor in Franklin MA
- Equipment Operator 1st Shift in Jefferson GA
- Industrial - Plant Electrical Mechanic in Millville NJ
- Director, Quality Assurance in Millville NJ
- Design Engineer in Spartanburg SC
- Quality Inspector in Minneapolis MN
- Safety Manager in Everett MA
- Sales Engineer in Norcross GA
- Customer Service-Sales in Memphis TN