Sr Engineer II
Sr Engineer II
We are looking for a Senior Engineer II to join our client in Elkton, MD on a direct hire basis.
This position is responsible for investigating, planning, and implementing complex improvements in and/or additions to current products and manufacturing processes that directly affect safety, quality, regulatory compliance, and productivity. Involved with leading projects requiring engineering team effort or a multidiscipline team effort.
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership required to plan and implement projects to develop, install, and qualify new products, and/or new processes for manufacturing new products or for improving existing processes according to business plan objectives.
- Provide engineering input in the design, fabrication, development, installation, validation and qualification of equipment / processes which may include feasibility studies and/or proper documentation for justification of project and training to ensure proper operation of the equipment.
- Lead cause-identification and problem-resolution for various types of production or service-related issues.
- Monitor and control programs, identify issues and ensure they are resolved.
- Ensure proper documentation is prepared or corrected to reflect any changes implemented.
- Research and implement cost reduction projects, lines, extensions, and/or products.
- Provide assistance to production as required.
- Plan work schedules, expenditures, attend meetings, and prepare monthly reports as required, ensuring effective communication of ideas, information, and issues to appropriate stakeholders.
- Assign, delegate and assist in the completion of engineering tasks or projects to lower level engineers. Serve as mentor to entry-level engineers.
- May utilize the systems and processes in place to attract, develop, engage, train and retain talented Associates; creating a work environment where Associates can realize their full potential, thus allowing the organization to meet business needs.
- Four-year college degree in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline and a minimum of ten years of experience in a Quality Engineering, Process Engineering, or engineering environment or Master’s degree in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline and a minimum of eight years of experience in a Quality Engineering, Process Engineering, or engineering environment. Intermediate computer software skills, i.e. Microsoft Office.
- PLC code writing, reading code.
- Robotic/Motion controller software programming
- Electrical Drawing design/drafting/reviewing/maintaining
- Experience working with automation integrators
- Sourcing of electrical hardware and troubleshooting
- Vision system programming and maintaining
- Writing equipment specifications for new capital equipment or retrofits/refurbishment
Preferred experienced (not required)
- OMRON/Delta Tau/Sysmac or structured text programming
- DENSO/ABB Robotics
- Cognex/Keyence Vision Systems
- Medical or Pharmaceutical Industry