As a C++ Software Engineer, you will be focused on designing, developing, and deploying software for autonomous vehicle systems. You will work on autonomy, guidance, navigation, and control algorithms and interfaces with hardware sensors and actuators.
The candidate must be eager to learn new technologies and stay on top of the latest trends. The candidate will work on a team developing new code bases that are heavily object-oriented, extensible, and maintainable. Therefore, the candidate must have a tacit understanding of design patterns and anti-patterns; polymorphism and encapsulation; high cohesion and low coupling; and the different strengths and weakness of various programming languages. In addition, the candidate must be a good teammate who is willing to learn and work with legacy code (as opposed to rewriting everything), use tools selected by the team, and follow processes defined by the team.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED or the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
• Expertise in ROS (Robotic Operating System)
• Expertise in C++
• Expertise in Python
• Familiarity with C
• Excellent math skills (statistics and control systems)
• Experience with version control systems Git and Subversion
• Experience with Agile development (Scrum or Kanban)
• BS (MS preferred) in computer science and professional experience focused on extendable and maintainable software,