Senior Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer - Westborough, MA
The person in this role will focus on analyzing customer needs and required functionality early in the development cycle, documenting requirements and specifications, and proceeding with design and system verification within the context of the development cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to generation of product functional requirements and contributes to, as well as managing, development of detailed specification documents.
- Working as part of a cross functional product development team, performs complex systems development and design work that may include hardware design, software development, model/algorithm formulation, and system architecture analysis and design.
- Participates in development of statements of work and task effort estimates.
- Participates in customer meetings in an effort to understand and capture customer needs and requirements.
- Identifies, investigates, analyzes, and resolves system and subsystem level issues.
- Owns product requirements matrix traceability, tracing requirements from top level functional requirements through to test plan cases.
- Generates and guides others in generation of functional test plans and reports.
- Conducts and/or guides others in reliability and/or system tests to approved test plans including compliance with external standards.
- Participates in analysis of test data, including detailed root cause analysis of failures.
- Develops and conducts system level characterization tests for product feasibility and development.
- Works with cross-functional product development teams, and may represent System Engineering on program core teams as assigned.
- Act as technical leader on identified instrumentation/equipment platforms.
- Provides system, equipment, and specialized training, as assigned.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems/other engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline, e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Systems or other Engineering (some degree of software development knowledge is a plus)
- Minimum 12 years of related experience.
- Understanding of complex modeling and statistical analysis methodologies.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team player and ability to communicate at all levels of an organization.
- Proficient with MS Office including MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting. Occasional travel.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone.